Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have a price on 22's and 20's. I have done a ton of reading on the site and have too many questions left.

22" .......the comfort issue vs appearance
Im all about show and not worried about go! Where I live, I have to take it cool as enough cops around me are watching, so speed is not an issue. I love how 22's fill out the car. The car almost looks bigger with 22's from what I have seen when parked beside a car with 22's.

20"..........Do I go with 255/45/20 or do I go with 275/45/20
I hate how I have gap with stock and not too sure if 20 is big enough. I have seen 22" in person but have not seen 20's. It almost looks like 20's are too small and not enough change from stock.

can I get some input as to what I should do. I know the theory behind 22's and braking and expansion and all the good stuff and how for the most part most believe 20's are the safest. I am looking at $700 difference between the two sizes. Whats a guy to do????????????????????????????????? :confused:
One last thing....I am not sold on lowering the car as I know what changes when lowering the car. My other car feels every crack in the road and I dont want to mess the ride up that much...or my struts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
ALLLL my opinion here.
I'm also with the same dilema, I have seen 20's with 245/45/20 (angies ride - not lowered) it looks real good. check out http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1958&highlight=question+people
I have also seen the same setup with 245/45/20 and lowered with eibach, and IMO it looks fantastic on the car and fills the wheel wells - no rubbing issues as well. (probably what I will do)

Now, I have also seen 22's with the car lowered (a-la aspendog) and it without a doubt looks INCREDIBLE!!!! However, I'm not liking the difference in ride quality/risk of rubbing. (I have felt the difference with past cars and it's NOT pleasent)
just my $.02

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will 275/40/20 work without rubbing? That just throws another piece if rubber into the mix!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts