Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best quick detailer to use?
I have used one I like but spray on and it drips down the side of the car before I can wipe and spread.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I just bought a bottle of Maguirs (sp?) Ultimate Quick detailer.

Works great IMO. Better than thier older version.

It is pricey though, $10+ at Auto Zone.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I just bought a bottle of Maguirs (sp?) Ultimate Quick detailer.

Works great IMO. Better than thier older version.

It is pricey though, $10+ at Auto Zone.

i've been using it for six months. the absolute best stuff. i just bought a couple bottles from Wal-Mart. you save about .50 per bottle. pricey, but worth it.

be sure to use the double towel method:

1. spray a section and wipe with one towel.
2. follow-up wipe with a second towel.
3. move to another section.
4. when towel #1 is dirty, use #2 as #1 and get a new #2.

i use about 4 towels for my entire car.

·
Registered
375 Posts

i've been using it for six months. the absolute best stuff. i just bought a couple bottles from Wal-Mart. you save about .50 per bottle. pricey, but worth it.

be sure to use the double towel method:

1. spray a section and wipe with one towel.
2. follow-up wipe with a second towel.
3. move to another section.
4. when towel #1 is dirty, use #2 as #1 and get a new #2.

i use about 4 towels for my entire car.
The bottle suggests just flipping a towel. Use one side for the initial wipe and use the other side for the final wipe.

I clayed, polished, and waxed my car 2 weeks ago. I washed it and used Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer yesterday. I honestly think the car looked better yesterday than after I detailed it a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
i use that meguire's stuff...

whats the purpose of using the 2 towel method?

i spray onto the car, wipe with the cloth... spray, wipe...spray, wipe...

·
Registered
375 Posts
i use that meguire's stuff...

whats the purpose of using the 2 towel method?

i spray onto the car, wipe with the cloth... spray, wipe...spray, wipe...
Well I do and don't understand. The bottle says to make the initial wipe with one towel and then to wipe it again with the other side of the towel. Stealth is suggesting instead of flipping the towel to just use another one. I don't understand why you even need to flip the towel in the first place.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Your initial towel that you wipe with will tend to get a little on the moist side. That towel is used to spread the quick detail around on the car until you get a light hazing. The second towel (or dry side if flipping 1 towel) is used to buff away the haze. Voila, you got shine.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Your initial towel that you wipe with will tend to get a little on the moist side. That towel is used to spread the quick detail around on the car until you get a light hazing. The second towel (or dry side if flipping 1 towel) is used to buff away the haze. Voila, you got shine.
OHHHHHH.. well, on my cool vanilla, you cant see the haze... so i just spray the car one panel at a time, use a microfiber towel to spread it and wipe it.. nothing special, no 2-step process...

·
Registered
152 Posts
i use Mothers right now but im about to order some Adams Detail Spray
(Some one needs to polish the scratches out)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I did notice the towel getting wet but I never saw any haze and I have a BB 300c. Oh well. I still flipped the towel and the car looks amazing. Even with me driving it in the rain yesterday, it still looks good!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts