Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of installing new upper control arms on the front (as a result of buggering the ball joints during an SRT-8 suspension install :twak: ) and need to know the torque spec for the mounting bolts. I made the nuts "snug" and the control arm feels like it hardly wants to move. I can push on it and move it but it is not nearly as free moving as the old upper control arms were before removal. Now that might be because of the new bushings on the new upper control arm, but I'd like to make sure I snug the nuts down properly. Can anyone help me with the correct tightening procedure or torque spec for those mounting bolts? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Is this what you need?

Attachments

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
The manual says 55 ft lbs.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Haha, sorry Steve, we were posting at the same time. The 55 is for the body mounting bolts and after reading Steve's pdf, the ball joint stud is 35 ft lbs.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
hahahaha Bernie.... beat ya to it....

Hope that's what he was looking for. I included the whole thing just in case I didn't understand which bolts he needed...

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
hahahaha Bernie.... beat ya to it....

Hope that's what he was looking for. I included the whole thing just in case I didn't understand which bolts he needed...
I used to be able to make portions of pdf files with older versions of Acrobat, but I'm having a hard time using version 7. Hey, and check the time there eh. BOTH of us posted at EXACTLY the same time...haha.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I used to be able to make portions of pdf files with older versions of Acrobat, but I'm having a hard time using version 7. Hey, and check the time there eh. BOTH of us posted at EXACTLY the same time...haha.

Bernie
I changed the post times in the system to make you feel better.

I have acrobat PRO, but I just printed the selected pages to acrobat, instead of extracting them... quicker.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I changed the post times in the system to make you feel better.
Yeah right!!!...haha.

I have acrobat PRO, but I just printed the selected pages to acrobat, instead of extracting them... quicker.
So what you're saying is to print it to the acrobat printer and it saves the pages to a pdf? Never thought of that. Thanks, I know how to do that and I'll give it a try next time!!! I'm using Pro 7 BTW.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Yep, just print to pdf the pages you need. Sometimes easier than trying to extract the pages, especially if protected.

we're using the same version.... go to document on the menu bar, then extract pages, and put in the range.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Yep, just print to pdf the pages you need. Sometimes easier than trying to extract the pages, especially if protected.

we're using the same version.... go to document on the menu bar, then extract pages, and put in the range.
Thanks Steve. It'll make it way easier next time!

Bernie

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you, gentlemen!

BTW, what manual are those pics from? If it's a $20 shop manual, I need to pick up a copy.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
That'll work.... LOL

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Thank you, gentlemen!

BTW, what manual are those pics from? If it's a $20 shop manual, I need to pick up a copy.
Do a search for service manual on google.... its the service manual..

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool, thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts