Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few shots of the Silverstar replacement fogs. I thought about Hoens but I couldn't wait any longer, that yellow OEM fog had to go. I like the look and the install wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Take a look, the first shot in daylight was the stock bulb, the second with the Silverstar. What do you think?:feedback:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
******Sunglasses Please *****

·
Registered
37 Posts
They look great, huge improvement over stock. Was there modifying involved? What are the bulb #'s?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are Silverstars, number 9145. No modification needed and perfect wattage match.

·
Registered
104 Posts
They match pretty nicely!

What color temp are they?

How long did it take you to install?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Lilbear,

Did you happen to take a pic before the change for a comparison.... I always forget to do the before pics myself.

They do look nice. But to be honest... I thought that is the way they looked like already. I have never seen a 300 C coming at me at night so I have never really looked at the lights before. Never walked out in front of the car at night to see the color of the lights before either. I guess I'll have to go out and take a look tonight. The 1st and last pic show that they four lights match up very nicely.

Thanx for sharing!

Sure gets expensive reading the posts here,
Gary

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanx for adding the last 2 shots as they do a great comparison and show the dif in the stock and Silverstars.

I never knew...... Now I know what else I have to do when I get my grill.

Thanx,
Gary

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
DJJT said:
They match pretty nicely!

What color temp are they?

How long did it take you to install?
They're rated at 4000 degrees. The install took about an hour (estimated since I had to run to get some electrical grease for the sockets and beer :friday: ). The install itself is just a matter of removing the service cover and the cover that connects to the front bumper. They're six push pins (three on either side in the wheel wells) that come out rather easy and are reuseable. Then you remove the ten hex head screws connecting the front cover to the front bumper (7mm socket). Yank that panel out of there, reach in and grab those yellow foglights. Replace with new bulbs being careful not to touch the bulb's glass. You can figure out the rest. Oh yeah, putting those pins back in can be a beast. Try putting a lil oil on the tips, seemed to help. I love those wheels by the way!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
CRUZR said:
Lilbear,

Did you happen to take a pic before the change for a comparison.... I always forget to do the before pics myself.

They do look nice. But to be honest... I thought that is the way they looked like already. I have never seen a 300 C coming at me at night so I have never really looked at the lights before. Never walked out in front of the car at night to see the color of the lights before either. I guess I'll have to go out and take a look tonight. The 1st and last pic show that they four lights match up very nicely.

Thanx for sharing!

Sure gets expensive reading the posts here,
Gary
Damn, Gary - clicking on your car (very nice) takes one into a whole other world:veryhappy Thanks for sharing:biggrin:

Moose.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lilbear said:
They're rated at 4000 degrees. The install took about an hour (estimated since I had to run to get some electrical grease for the sockets and beer :friday: ). The install itself is just a matter of removing the service cover and the cover that connects to the front bumper. They're six push pins (three on either side in the wheel wells) that come out rather easy and are reuseable. Then you remove the ten hex head screws connecting the front cover to the front bumper (7mm socket). Yank that panel out of there, reach in and grab those yellow foglights. Replace with new bulbs being careful not to touch the bulb's glass. You can figure out the rest. Oh yeah, putting those pins back in can be a beast. Try putting a lil oil on the tips, seemed to help. I love those wheels by the way!!!!
You are brave for gettin in there and doin that! The lights look very nice though!

I have the Silverstars in my 96 Jeep...I like them alot. I might have to try those in the 300...

Thanks for the wheel comment, I am very happy with them! I plan on lowering in a month or two!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Whats the wattage on the Silver stars?
Is stock wattage 60 or 65 for the fog bulbs??

thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SRT8C said:
Whats the wattage on the Silver stars?
Is stock wattage 60 or 65 for the fog bulbs??

thanks
The Silverstar and stock fogs are rated at 40 watts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lilbear said:
A few shots of the Silverstar replacement fogs. I thought about Hoens but I couldn't wait any longer, that yellow OEM fog had to go. I like the look and the install wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Take a look, the first shot in daylight was the stock bulb, the second with the Silverstar. What do you think?:feedback:
Looks HOT:hitit: Do you know if they are the same for my 2006 SRT8?...Thanx, Dan

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Miami SRT8 said:
Looks HOT:hitit: Do you know if they are the same for my 2006 SRT8?...Thanx, Dan
There is no listing for the SRTs on the Sylvania site. Check your owners manual and I'll sure it'll say you need a 9145.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice, I just got the Xenon Match from Hoen, got the brights in, turns the lower portion of the lamp blue from the blub, looks pretty cool though. Just need to get the car onto a lift so I can get the fogs changed out. The Silverstars look good though, I used them on my previous car for with no problems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts