Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum and a fairly recent buyer of a 2007 Chrysler 300C, with just 53k miles, which I've dubbed Red Hemi. I love the car's looks, comfort, good handling, and the engine's power and roar upon startup. But the exhaust drone at highway speeds is getting old. Back about '07 there was a thread about replacement mufflers and the consensus was Corsa. Well, what type/model number Corsa? Would appreciate any info. --Tom in Ohio

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum and a fairly recent buyer of a 2007 Chrysler 300C, with just 53k miles, which I've dubbed Red Hemi. I love the car's looks, comfort, good handling, and the engine's power and roar upon startup. But the exhaust drone at highway speeds is getting old. Back about '07 there was a thread about replacement mufflers and the consensus was Corsa. Well, what type/model number Corsa? Would appreciate any info. --Tom in Ohio
The Corsa Xtreme SKU: 14439 should fit your 300.

That said, I wouldn't spend $2,000 (plus installation labor) on an exhaust system for a fifteen-year-old 300, especially since your stated goal is a quieter exhaust.

I'm guessing that a previous owner hacked up the stock exhaust system in some way, and you're looking to correct that. If that's the case, I'd suggest a complete take-off OEM exhaust from a first-gen 300C or Charger R/T.

If you want something with a little bit of a growl on startup and more of a musclecar sound (without drone), the CB-CR12050CH is an all-stainless complete dual exhaust with polished tips for the 300C. I've got one on my '05 and I'm very happy with it, and you can pick them up on that big auction website for around $350 shipped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just looked under the car and saw that there are no resonators, just mufflers farther forward and of course the cats. So maybe the stock system was changed. I looked up your recommended system on eBay and sure enough, $345 shipped free. Will probably order one. Thanks very much for the advice.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Just looked under the car and saw that there are no resonators, just mufflers farther forward and of course the cats. So maybe the stock system was changed. I looked up your recommended system on eBay and sure enough, $345 shipped free. Will probably order one. Thanks very much for the advice.
Oh sure, if you're getting drone it's definitely been modified. The stock exhaust is very quiet and doesn't drone.

The CB-CR12050CH is a "four-muffler" touring style exhaust; louder than stock but not obnoxious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts