Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just because it's a part of the LX family that was allowed to wither and die... there was a gathering today that I had planned on attending myself until the basement flooded last week!

See the pix accumulating here:
Magnum Farewell Pictures

Sure with that I could have been there. It was hard to miss the Spring Festival for yet another year, but this was one event that never will happen again.

R.I.P. Magnum...

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
My condolences on everyone's loss..... may Maggie's spirit live on in all of us.

·
Registered
69 Posts
:usa: It was a good run. (Couldn't find a smiley of marines doing the funeral rifle salute.)

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I wonder why production did not just end when all 2008 LX models ended? I was hoping for a special edition or commemrative model or something at the end.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you E55... they "just" redesigned the thing for 2008 for Pete's sake! But then I guess the new model year production really does start around April of the year before, so maybe they did, in fact, run the new design for a production year cycle.

And besides they continue to make the 300 Touring for Europe, so why not stick the 300C front end on (that would save parts money in Brampton), and keep on making the thing... and ADVERTISE IT of course (something they didn't do for all but the first year.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
I agree with you E55... they "just" redesigned the thing for 2008 for Pete's sake! But then I guess the new model year production really does start around April of the year before, so maybe they did, in fact, run the new design for a production year cycle.

And besides they continue to make the 300 Touring for Europe, so why not stick the 300C front end on (that would save parts money in Brampton), and keep on making the thing... and ADVERTISE IT of course (something they didn't do for all but the first year.
I've wondered this for a long time, especially seeing as when they start making the European models over here. They could easily make it still as a 300C wagon.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
another reason I am sad they stop making them is because I planned on buying/ordering a 2008 Magnum this summer to replace my 2005 Magnum. Now I may be forced to select from what's leftover and limiting my choices or not finding the one I want at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts