Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of these rotors? They have slotted/cross drilled rotors for our rides and I'm thinking of getting them. I have an 06 Chrysler SRT8.

·
Registered
916 Posts
They are well known in the area and they are a supporting vendor. They were also at the recent Spring Fest. I am about to pull the trigger on them, myself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm usually on another forum and I was surprised to find that only two people had heard of them. I was cautioned on the cross drilled and how they might crack. My car isn't a daily driver. Have you ever heard of the cross drilled rotors cracking or warping?

·
Registered
916 Posts
It is only recommended that you don't get drilled if you are going to track the car. Then you you should get slotted , R-1 offers both.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I installed the R-1 rotors. They are much better than OEM. My OEM rotors warped with 22" wheels.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had read about them on this forum, and I just ordered them. I also got Centric Posi-quiets (or whatever the pads they are selling) pads. They are currently in transit to me. The people were real helpful. Tell them you are on the forums and if you get fron at rears they will do it for like 529.00 for the rotors free shipping. That is for the SRT8 rotors though.

I will let you know how they work. I have seen nothing but positive feedback on the forums regarding these parts.

And yes you dont track Cross-drilled rotors, they will crack. Road use is fine though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks fellas! Make sure to post those pics when you install them. :fing02:

Absolutely will post some, going on on Wednesday:arms:

ATL, they look great, can't wait.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I got cross drilled and posi pads and stop tech SS break lines!stopinh is no issue over stock. Good product in my opinion!

·
Registered
22 Posts
they wont let me post the url but it is r1concepts.com

Buy from them. If you are a forum member they give you a discount.

They were very helpful

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here are the pics, they work well. Thought they would have a little less pedal travel, but that must be the difference in pads.

Attachments

·
Registered
851 Posts
I purchased the slotted/cross drilled from R1 for the front and rear last year once the oem's warped. They are much better than the OEM, better stopping and no warping issues to date. Customer service is great as well, UPS lost one of the boxes on me, Steve replaced the box with no problems. Good service and great pricing is hard to come by these days.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
???

I can't speak to the 300C owners in this thread, but why would the SRT8 owners buy these when factory Mopar slotteds are way under 100.00 each????

And while posi quiets are a proven pad, they are most definitely NOT a high performance one! Wait till you see the pedal effort when it's cold and wet!

·
Registered
22 Posts
While I agree that the posi's do have some issues, and I let R1 know that, my experience with the stock setup has left a bad taste in my mouth. If I were to use the stock pads and the new slotted rotors I am not confident I wouldn't have the same issue another 25000 miles down the road.

I am confident however that these rotors are a far more durable and reliable piece of equipment. Besides, they are lighter (any time you can lighten rolling mass that makes a big difference). They only cost 125.00, (500 shipped for 4 of them from forum members) so the extra 120-130 overall for the piece of mind that they will last longer is great. Plus if I went with the stock pads they cost more than the rotors. Oh and the cross-drilled/slotteds look GREAT on the car. I would absolutely recommend them again, just with a little more performance oriented pad.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts