Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I ain't just whistling Dixie. My SRT8 arrived at 8:23 this morning! It's filthy dirty after it's 120 or so mile road trip, but who cares. The driver beat me to the dealers by coming a few minutes early. They called me on my cell, as I was already on route. I asked if they would stall the driver a few minutes because I wanted to get a some shots of it still on the truck. Very nice guy he was for waiting. I'm not sure if the $20 I gave him had anything to do with it or not. I'd say there were 20 or so staff taking pictures of it as I pulled up. Don't forget very few people have ever seen one of these unless it was at a car show.

I haven't uploaded any pictures off my camera, as I just got in the door. They'll be a little different due to the dirt. Now that I can actually see the thing, I am totally relaxed. I'm sure many of you are like me, in that you want to physically see it, not from a picture or mental image.

The first thing I looked for was the tires. Thankfully they're the F1's. I noticed the brake calipers seemed to have a silver coating or paint on them and the name Brembo in black lettering. I thought that looked really nice. I know some want to paint them red, but I'll leave them as they are. I tried to get a shot from underneath to see the exhaust system. I don't think that will be all that clear as my car was on the lower level of the truck. I didn't feel like lying on the ground on my back.

I took numerous pictures from different angles both inside and out. For the people who know of the "signing" that's been going on at Brampton, I got some pictures of that as well. Like jMatt's, mine had the word "grunt" on the ABS pump and on the key bag. It adds a little history to the car and gives it a personalized touch. There was also a green flag, the type that had a plastic piece that is secured by the window in the glove box. Not sure of its purpose, but I'll keep it anyway. There are pieces of paper throughout the car which I'll be keeping as well in a binder. When I opened the hood, I was amazed how big that engine looks in real life. I also opened the trunk to see what it looked like as well. I knew the battery was in the trunk, but from the pictures I've seen of the 300's battery compartment, they all seemed to be on the left side. I may be wrong about this. Mine is on the right side.

The person who does the paperwork for receiving vehicles started it up and let it idle several minutes. I was waiting for a little bit of a roar when he started it. It was supprisingly quiet with a very smooth idle. He took it inside so I saw no point of hanging around any longer and went to work. Right now it's in for tinting which is probably done by now. I got the 20% tint all around using the premium tint that jMatt referred to. The name escapes me at the moment though. Where I live, 30% is the maximun tint allowed. I've always had all my vehicles done 20% and haven't had a problem. I'm pretty well known by the police (in a good way)that is here. They all know me by name & just waive.

Tomorrow it's getting paint protection, rust protection and some other underbody protection. That'll take all day to do. As long as everyone does a good job, they can take their time. My car will be ready for pick up 11 AM Saturday! Please weather co-operate!

Now for the dollar details, so hang on to your undies, Canadians that is. The cost on the window with MSRP and ALL options was $56,090. Add to that tinting, rust, paint and interior protection, licencing, gas guzzler tax, extended warranty and let's not forget PST & GST is $71,100 CDN and change. For the Americans, this works out to be $57,260 US. As far as the warranty goes, it's 5 years/100,000 km's (60,000 miles). The only warranty available from Chrysler is the same one for the Viper because of all the performance parts on this car. The cost of this was $3200. When you put this into perspective, the $49,995 seems like a steal. I didn't want to scimp on anything and am getting everything they offer. I'm not interested in 3rd party warranties either. Those who may consider this, make sure to read the fine print. I know this from experience.

This evening...pictures! These will be a little different in that the car is filthy. I have one question on posting pictures though. What is the largest image or best size allowed on this forum? My camera settings currently are 3072 x 2048 for both jpg and RAW, 3.1MB and 7MB respectfully. Obviously these images are huge in size. I'm very familiar with Photoshop CS & Paint Shop Pro 9 and can easily resize. I'm just not exactly sure what the best size would be short of experimentation.

I've been trying to think of a song (sung to the tune of...) to sing, but for the life of me, I can't seem to think of one, at the moment that is! :D

Rambit :)

Edit: I just previewed this and was shocked to see I'd typed so much. Must be finger-rohhea of the keyboard.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Rambit...

can't wait to see the pics!! here is a tune for ya:

Waiting On a Friend (Stones).

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Rah-Rah-Rah Rambit...

As a tribute to your gas guzzler tax, how 'bout "Runnin' on Empty" (sung to the tune of...)

Post Pics Post Haste!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Congratulations Rambit!!! can't wait to see your pics!!!! Is there alot of legroom in drivers seat?Does it look as good in person as it does in pics?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
No pictures means driving time.
Do you think he'll stop before the weekend is over?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Rambit
Where in London do you live because I live in London and would love to come over and see your new car.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hemilover said:
Rambit
Where in London do you live because I live in London and would love to come over and see your new car.
Let me give you a hint. Do you like Pizza?

I'll PM you

Rambit

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Northern Rider said:
Congrats Rambit!

Finally - no more tunes.

Enjoy. :D
Oh yeah! I haven't got it yet. Not till Saturday (sung to the tune of "I'm so lonesome I could cry") :D

Rambit (got his car, sh-boom sh-boom) :D

·
Registered
856 Posts
I got two words for this..... Nice!!

Congrats and enjoy. sung to the tune of....congrats and enjoy.

Dan

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Northern Rider said:
So, Rambit (and little Emma) - what's shakin', man?

Hows about a quick report (without tunes)?
I just got in the door (again). Oh, the joys of having a business and on St. Patrick's Day no less. I gotta get something in me first, then upload my pictures to my computer, re-size them & post. I didn't get any response yet on the best size yet, so I may go around 800x600 or so & see how they look. I just realized, I haven't even sat in it yet.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dan SS2471 said:
I got two words for this..... Nice!!

Congrats and enjoy. sung to the tune of....congrats and enjoy.

Dan
Thank you (sung to the tune of Thank you Lord) :)

Rambit

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hi Rambit,

I used PS CS on mine. The size limit for .jpg is 195kb. I sized mine at 1280x960 and used the slider when saving to get them down below 195kb. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Redman said:
No pictures means driving time.
Do you think he'll stop before the weekend is over?
No driving till I actually get the car (sung to the tune of 409)

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
XCITsNU said:
Hi Rambit,

I used PS CS on mine. The size limit for .jpg is 195kb. I sized mine at 1280x960 and used the slider when saving to get them down below 195kb. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.
Hey thanks, that'll save me some experimenting! I'll use that size. I just hope everyone realizes I took them as it came off the truck & it hasn't been cleaned up yet.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Rambit said:
Let me give you a hint. Do you like Pizza?

I'll PM you

Rambit
Hmmm!! pizza eh? Are you the guy they just deported to India for that Judy Sgro thing?

By the way, glad to see you got the car or at least saw it. I picked mine up to-day from the body shop and spoke with the business manager who said that two of the SRT 8's were coming in this week and both were sold. The price quoted were fully loaded going out the door for 55K plus GST. Registration in Alberta is $58.60.

I have been at 2 dealerships in the last 2 days and can't get over the number of 300's and Magnums that are starting to come in on the used car side, most from rental companies, several were 300C's. I was afraid to ask the price.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Congrats on your SRT. Already 2 SRT's in Canada and I was told earlier this yeat that Canada might not see any until Sept. MickeyJohn, whats the luxury tax in Alberta if any? I know Alberta doesn't have PST which alone can save big bucks.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts