Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a Rack and Pinion Leak, took it to a shop that a buddy of mine recommend. Just got it fix , the mechanic said they aligned the wheels as much as possible but still need an alignment done. Few questions now how should the car feel that an alignment needs to be done? And is this conman? Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Welcome to the forum. First, are you sure it is the rack and pinion leaking and not the power steering pressure hose? If it's the rack, it would be probably be the seals and should be quite easy to see the source.

I don't like the term, "aligned it as much as possible".....what does that mean? If the vehicle suspension has not been messed with.....lowered, lifted, super large wheels/tires, etc., there should be no problem "properly aligning" it. How many miles are on the vehicle? Has any other front suspension work been done on the vehicle.......bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints, etc.? A good front end shop will check all of these things FIRST, let you know what all it needs, and not try to align it knowing there are a bunch of problems with the suspension. I think I'd go to another shop that either specializes in, or does nothing but suspension work and alignments. Also, if they find anything wrong, have them physically show you what is wrong. Bad suspension components are pretty easy to see if they're really bad. I go to only one shop, and will only let one guy at that shop touch any of my vehicles.

You should also know that suspension work does not come cheap. My Son and I replaced all the front and rear end bushings (control arm and sway bar), upper/lower ball joints, power steering pressure hose, and tie rod ends on my 06 300CSRT8 with about 164K on the clock. It was the first work that had ever been done to it. Then I went and had the front end aligned and also had my guy check our work to make sure we didn't screw anything up..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts