Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the wiring quick connect for my radar detector (Belltronics x65) and need to know if someone has found the 12v pos and neg wires on the back of the mirror. If you could post it would save me a lot of time. Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used the wires inside the overhead console. Pink was ACC Hot, Black with a lt green stripe was Grnd. It was the wires going to the garage door opener buttons. There's a thread out there with pics too. Might have to try lxforums.com if not on 300cforums.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found It!

Ok, [email protected] (who I got it from) helped me figure it out.

There are two plugs on the back of the mirror. The bottom plug is used for the Uconnect system.

That plug has 7 wire entry points, the first 5 (counting from left to right) are used.

Position number 1 is 12v pos
Position number 2 is 12v neg

Hope someone else can benefit from this. It's a great place to hang the unit, much less noticable, and now no cord. Yippee! I've got a 8.5 hr drive ahead of me to spend a week in northern Wis - I'm ready to hit the road now!

c

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Pix pls

zenhog said:
Ok, [email protected] (who I got it from) helped me figure it out.

There are two plugs on the back of the mirror. The bottom plug is used for the Uconnect system.

That plug has 7 wire entry points, the first 5 (counting from left to right) are used.

Position number 1 is 12v pos
Position number 2 is 12v neg

Hope someone else can benefit from this. It's a great place to hang the unit, much less noticable, and now no cord. Yippee! I've got a 8.5 hr drive ahead of me to spend a week in northern Wis - I'm ready to hit the road now!

c
Great info, Craig.

Any chance you could post some pics of your installation, and any additional tips you have for mounting my new Bel 995. I've also got Beltronics latest laser jammer, the LaserPro 905. It connects to a common control module with, and is activated by, the 995 detector. Using the power source you did will be perfect, but I also need to hide the connecting wire which will run down to the control module, mounted below the dash.

I've held off installing this combo because none of the standard install locations for the detector itself seem right. A hard, permanent, mount up near the mirror would be ideal, but isn't offered.

It'll be good to see what you've come up with.

(What's the latest with your fogs, BTW?)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Thanks, Todd. Excellent info.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Meister said:
Thanks, Todd. Excellent info.

Mr. Meister - I take it that you got the info you needed? If you need something else don't hesitate to ask. It looks like he tapped into the wires. If you need to see where I inserted the plugs that came from teambiker let me know. I can show a pic of that.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
zenhog said:
Mr. Meister - I take it that you got the info you needed? If you need something else don't hesitate to ask. It looks like he tapped into the wires. If you need to see where I inserted the plugs that came from teambiker let me know. I can show a pic of that.
That would be helpful, Craig, thanks.

Also, where did you end up installing your X65? Up high, in front of the mirror where mine is essentially not visible, blocks the detector's view to the rear.

PM me if you'd prefer to email pics than post here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts