Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone go and take care of the radiator bracket and coolant recall? If yes does it take all day? Did anyone need to get a loaner vehicle and if yes was it an equal or do they stiff you with a piece of $h#T. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Took less than half an hour to do mine. If you have a appointment. Checked my coolant and was good to -40 so didn't have to do anything to it and changed brackets in about 15 minutes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
bracket recall

about the same time for brackets, as hemilovers,as far as a loaner car goes i really dont care what kind or year it is just as long as it gets me there and back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Should be a quick fix!

I wen't in for a 12,000 mile service even though my 300C has 14,400 miles on it at the time. This was last week. It took almost 2 days for me to get my car back because they were trying to figure out this crank start ESP light issue I've been having for the past 9,000 miles. They actually were hot on the trail to getting it solved when I had to meet with some clients the next morning and told them that the efforts to solve the crank start ESP light issue would have to be put on hold when I get a little more time. They told be I would have to leave it for a few days to get to the bottom of the problem. I just will wait for a time when I have nothing to do for 3 days so I won't have to drive a P.O.S Focus. People just don't look at you the same in a Focus. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
Why are so many prople concerned about what kind of rental they will give you? What's the difference? They're only giving it to us for convenience. Not to enable us to make a fashion statement, ie: "People just don't look at you the same in a Focus".
We're lucky to get one for free. What other manufacturers will give one every time you're in for service?
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
jeepgrady said:
Why are so many prople concerned about what kind of rental they will give you? What's the difference? They're only giving it to us for convenience. Not to enable us to make a fashion statement, ie: "People just don't look at you the same in a Focus".
We're lucky to get one for free. What other manufacturers will give one every time you're in for service?
In Canada, DC do not include a free loaner for service.

Consider yourself lucky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
I don't take a junker for a loaner when I take my 300 in for service. When you have purchased their top of their line auto, they are required to give you a Chrysler loaner. I always get a demo instead of a cheep rental. Back problems (comfort and safety are major concerns ). I think it's the least that a dealer can do, because of the many problems my 300 has given. :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
829 Posts
Dixietwister said:
I don't take a junker for a loaner when I take my 300 in for service. When you have purchased their top of their line auto, they are required to give you a Chrysler loaner. I always get a demo instead of a cheep rental. Back problems (comfort and safety are major concerns ). I think it's the least that a dealer can do, because of the many problems my 300 has given. :eek:
The dealer is not required to give you a Chrysler or anything else. The coverage that comes with your 300 is for a rental, not a loaner. If the dealer doesn't have an onsite rental program, they can shuttle you to a local rental agency to get a car. They are under no obligation to give you one themselves. Unfortunately my dealer works this way. They shuttle you to the local Thrifty car rental and you get the luck of the draw there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
FYI - The D50 - Radiator Isolator Bracket recall is now on backorder for parts. There's not a big supply of parts out there and dealers (like ours) are running out of them. It typically takes about a 1/2 hour of shop time to replace them. Not all 300s are affected by the D51 - Antifreeze Concentration Level recall, too. It's all based on whether or not your 300 was built before August 29, 2004. Anything after and your car should not be affected. Call your dealer or Chrysler for information.

And on the topic of rentals, some dealerships do not have loaner services and have to get rentals through rental companies. Daimler/Chrysler pays a certain amount of money if the rental company puts you in a Daimer/Chrysler product, but if you get into anything else, they reimburse dealerships less. They obviously want you to have an exposure to any Chrysler product so hopefully you can stay loyal, which makes good sense, too.

And Daimler/Chrysler only allows about $40 per day (max of 5 days) in terms of rental coverage for the 300. If you want a luxury rental, the customer has to pay the difference over the $40.00.

Hope that helps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
joecool72 said:
FYI - The D50 - Radiator Isolator Bracket recall is now on backorder for parts. There's not a big supply of parts out there and dealers (like ours) are running out of them. It typically takes about a 1/2 hour of shop time to replace them. Not all 300s are affected by the D51 - Antifreeze Concentration Level recall, too. It's all based on whether or not your 300 was built before August 29, 2004. Anything after and your car should not be affected. Call your dealer or Chrysler for information.

And on the topic of rentals, some dealerships do not have loaner services and have to get rentals through rental companies. Daimler/Chrysler pays a certain amount of money if the rental company puts you in a Daimer/Chrysler product, but if you get into anything else, they reimburse dealerships less. They obviously want you to have an exposure to any Chrysler product so hopefully you can stay loyal, which makes good sense, too.

And Daimler/Chrysler only allows about $40 per day (max of 5 days) in terms of rental coverage for the 300. If you want a luxury rental, the customer has to pay the difference over the $40.00.

Hope that helps!
Two minor corrections:

Not all vehicles built prior to 8/29/04 are recalled. Mine was built on 5/4. and there was no recall for the anti freeze.

Chrysler only pays up to $30. per day for the rental car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
My Wife worked at a 5 Star, in sales for 3 years and She, her Boss and the Salesman at the dealership that I bought my car from, all said that a Chrysler product was required by DC. Sorry if I relayed bad info to anyone. Still want settle for the junk that I have seen them put other people into, at the auto rental. Dixie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah in Canada your 300 does not have the speed limiter. So, consider yourself the lucky one. I'll take 150mph limit over the rental option anyday. I will and have pushed cars to their top speed.


Northern Rider said:
In Canada, DC do not include a free loaner for service.

Consider yourself lucky.
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Hey Jeepgrady!

jeepgrady said:
Why are so many prople concerned about what kind of rental they will give you? What's the difference? They're only giving it to us for convenience. Not to enable us to make a fashion statement, ie: "People just don't look at you the same in a Focus".
We're lucky to get one for free. What other manufacturers will give one every time you're in for service?
Well a lot of manufacturers give rentals, Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Cadillac, Lincoln, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Hummer just to name a few. To take it bit further about half of all Honda and Toyota Dealerships provide rentals depending on what model you bought, oh ya I forgot Infiniti and Acura provide rentals as well. That's about 70% of all auto makers. So we can say most manufacturers provide rentals. We're not so lucky ;)

Lastly, I'm into real estate and in this day and age that business is half image and half know how. So if I can roll up in something a little more attractive that improves my odds. If I was in a business that didn't concern image so much I would care a bit less of what kind of rental they put me in. :D Merry Christmas!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
hdplasmas said:
Yeah in Canada your 300 does not have the speed limiter. So, consider yourself the lucky one. I'll take 150mph limit over the rental option anyday. I will and have pushed cars to their top speed.



:D
As I have said on several occasions all Cdn 300's have the speed limiter, and if someone (NR) has managed to eliminate it, maybe they can help those who wish to do it. I personally don't care. I can get in enough trouble without asking for more. Drive safe everyone!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I wanted to bump this up and find out if it has happened to anyone with a car outside of the "recall" range. Mine was built in Jan 05' and is in the shop but because it isn't in the recall they want to charge me for it plus all the crap that was ruined when the radiator was flopping against the pulley's it took out. ($500) dollars worth of stuff (wiring harness, shroud, radiator fan, trim..)

Just looking for feedback etc.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top