Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, about 2 weeks ago I had the radiator brackets replaced on my car (Recall work). Well I've been noticing small puddles of coolant under my car since and also the level in the reservoir is slowly getting lower. I'm wondering what is actually done when the brackets are replaced and is it possible that something they did is causing a slow leak somewhere? I also noticed that my overflow reservoir is empty, do you guys have any coolant in it. I called the dealer and they will not be able to take it until next tuesday. Anyone have any ideas, at first I thought it was like my old Caddy where it was just boiling over into the driveway(there was no overflow tank :confused: ), but seeing that an overflow tank exists I am now pretty sure that is not the case. Wondering if anyone else who has had the work done is seeing anything similar? Thanks
John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like the dealer did something wrong when they did the recall and there is NO way youshould have to wait 5 minutes, let alone a week, for them to see what happened.

I'd charge back into the service area and raise a little hell until it gets fixed. As with other problems, a subtle threat of going to the area sevice manager might be needed to help them along.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I took the car to a mechanic friend of mine so I could get it up on the lift to look at it. We could not find a leak anywhere obvious. One thing we did notice though was the radiator overflow hose underneath the car. The theory we have is they overfilled the tank after the recall and now its boiling over. I am going to monitor the tank, mark it with a sharpie once its cold and check it over the next couple of days. I should get a good indication if its a leak or if its boiling over, (I'll keep some cardboard under the radiator overflow hose). I'll let you guys know what I find.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't know what weather conditions are like up there but down in texas we use the A/C often during winter. I guess the obvious question is have you used your A/C and maybe it is the water that the A/C system releases. Then again you would notice water behind the front wheel if this was the cause. Just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts