Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys can anyone help? after changing my thermostat my radiator fans will not come on on my 06 300c 5.7l i have a multimeter and i know where the correct relays are but i do not know what prongs to connect it to on the relays or where to connect when testing the harnesses is there a diagram i can follow or does anyone have any instructions or diagram pictures that can help me out?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Okay, if you don't have a scantool like AlfaOBD or DiagFCA to test the fans, my suggestion would be to just switch relays with another system and check the results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok do you know off hand one that i can switch it with without messing up another function?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i just switched them and none worked i my air compressor is engaging but the fans still arnt cutting on would you happen to know how to go about checking the harness thats connected directly to the fans my guess js after i changed my thermostat i got a nice air bubble in tbe lines and need to bleed it so my coolant can reach my coolant temperature sensor but i stripped my coolant bleeding screw so im not able to bleed it that way so ive been trying to bleed the line the old fashoned way but ive not too good at that cause this is my 1st time but i also k ow my fan motors could be out so im trying to research how them now but not much luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also feel it may be my coolant temperature sensor thats not letting my fans know when to cut on but idk how to check that either

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Ok i just switched them and none worked i my air compressor is engaging but the fans still arnt cutting on would you happen to know how to go about checking the harness thats connected directly to the fans my guess js after i changed my thermostat i got a nice air bubble in tbe lines and need to bleed it so my coolant can reach my coolant temperature sensor but i stripped my coolant bleeding screw so im not able to bleed it that way so ive been trying to bleed the line the old fashoned way but ive not too good at that cause this is my 1st time but i also k ow my fan motors could be out so im trying to research how them now but not much luck
You can unplug the harness at the top of the fan assembly and check it for 12V with a meter or test light, or you can try running 12V to the motors to see if they will run.

If your bleed screw is damaged, you can bleed the system via the coolant reservoir. Try to get the car nose-high (doesn't have to be by much), then with the engine cold, take off the reservoir cap. Let it warm up as you keep an eye on it. When the thermostat starts to open, you'll see coolant start to flow and then begin to overflow a bit. Shut it down, let it cool, and start the process over again, topping up as you go. Make sure you're using a 50/50 mix of HOAT coolant and distilled water. Eventually you'll get all the air out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts