Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 300c AWD that has a leak near the Petcock. I'm still troubleshooting to see if its the radiator or simply the orings in the petcock.

Regardless, this prompted me to start searching around about radiators and what I should consider replacing it with. My Build sheet says "NMSS Severe Duty Engine Cooling" which from what I've been able to gather associates with the "5137692AA" part number. I think another common name for this is "Severe Duty I".

I've been seeing recommendations about using the "Severe Duty II" radiator which I believe is part number "5170742AA".

The unknown to me that I have been unable to find in my searching is if there are any fitment issues between the two models, or are they an exact fit?

Thanks for any help and information.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Grab the SRT radiator for a great upgrade... Fitment is direct however you will need to buy upper and lower hoses as well due to the increase in size of the inlet/outlet on the radiator... One hose 'should' fit if worked enough but for $50 for two hoses I bought both... Good upgrade when combined with a 180 Stat my car runs cool even for Florida standards..

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I confirmed it was the radiator last night. It appears near the petcock \ draincock there is corrosion all around that passenger side lower section. There appears to be a pinhole leak or two in that area so I'm going to swap it out.

So it sounds like there are no fitment issues with the "Severe Duty II" part number "5170742AA". I'm also going to order the following Gates hoses for a 6.1L:

Upper:

Lower:

Does the above seem accurate?

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Bingo! Good little upgrade... Worth the extra coin IMO...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wanted to report back that I finished doing this on my '05 AWD. The part numbers I listed above worked exactly as intended.

PS. The Condenser to Radiator bolts are a B!$(h to get to.

Thanks again for the help!

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Did you pull the front bumper?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I followed the FSM which didn't say anything about taking it off.. but it probably would have made it easier. Oh well its done now ;)

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Good deal... You should like the upgrade. My car runs much cooler now than it ever managed before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts