Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was just telling a colleague today how happy I am with the beast after 8 and a half years, when I climbed in to drive home tonight, without warning I've now got what seems to be a classic symptom, radio going on and off, accompanied by flashing parking sensors, and intermittent indicators, it's like having your own mobile disco!

So I'm going to try disconnecting this HIDT module over the weekend and see how I get on, will keep you posted.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just tried that myself.
park assist works intermittantly sometimes showing just 4 reds then while reversing it comes back as it should.
next reverse it may or may not work at all.
had the rear bumper off and cleaned all the plugs and sensors and checked the wiring loom for damage.
i suspect one may be down and only working occasionally.

Last option now is the park assist module itself.

Can someone confirm it is behind the rear o/s load bay trim on a touring ?
This is where i shoot myself in the foot ::wink::

Mine have behaved since the above post.

I still have one not working...proved went reversing up to a lamp post numurous times at different angles.
once out of detection angle for the adjacent ones the dead one doesnt register.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all.
I have the same problem with my cre without the radio going on and off.
I had all the park assist lights come a couple of times, then the message park assist service. Now the park assist is not working at all. No park lights come on when I select reverse so I can only assume the system gas shut itself down although it is still switched on according to the evic.
I true unplugging the headlight thingy under the bonnet, but still nothing.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated

·
Registered
188 Posts
Update - I unplugged the HIDT module, drove 400 miles over 5 days and all is well. No more issues!

Question is, do I just leave it unplugged?

If all the module does is logs fault codes from the headlights, then presumably I can leave disconnected permanently?

In actual fact because the connector was a bit tricky to get at, I removed the whole unit from the bracket before unlatching the connector, then put the unit in the boot! Stuck a bit of electrical tape around the plug and attached the lead to the bracket to stop if flapping around.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Update - Still okay, another 500 miles on the clock.

A small number of minor electrical glitches I've had for a number of years are now apparently fixed, a single sweep of the wipers when indicating left (since new!) now gone, occasional instrument cluster resetting itself, looks to have gone, intermittent parking sensor malfunction gone....

A bit annoyed with myself that I didn't try this earlier

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Yes leave it unplugged.
Only problem it would cause is if you get a lighting system fault there will be no codes stored to help fault find. But lighting faults are normally reasonably easy to sort without the help of codes.

Jack

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Yes ^^^^^^

The only thing that stops if you leave the HIDT module unplugged is the logging of error codes relating to the lighting system. This is of little importance because its normally easy to see when a light isn't working.

Jack

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
I need to unplug mine, though my symptoms are slightly different.

My screen goes blank when it wants to but since yesterday it decided to stay switched off and refuses to turn back on, no sound.

It happened when I pressed the radio band button twice then holding 2 and 6, I pressed cancel button to take me to the engineers menu, so that I could run the debug program. As I pressed the cancel button the unit powered down so it never managed the debug & so now I have no music. Arrrrg

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Parking modules have failed before. Its just that the HIDT module is the first and easiest thing to eliminate.

Your may be a problem with the parking module itself or possibly other problems.

Jack

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, I now have this problem too, radio goes off, reverse sensor bar lights up then when goes out radio comes back on, checking members replies to this thread, im going to try unplugging HID module for 2-3 days as advised by other members and see if that works, will update when done.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks for this guys, radio had been cutting off for some time then the indicator / parking sensors started playing up.

Took 10 seconds to unplug the module and everything works again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow....
thanks for this im going to unplug mine now , same thing intermittent radio and reverse sensor lights, also wiper sweeps too.
hope unplugging the HIDT does the trick :smokin:
Thankyou

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

just curious if anyone else has had this issue, started last week...
whilst driving with the radio on it has started cutting out(seems to loose power) then come back on a few seconds later, whilst it turns itself off the rear reverse sensor lights all light up, then go out again when the radio turns back on. (very very odd)
Anyone had this problem or have any suggestions? its starting to become a little irritating to be honest..:pat:
Yes I have that problem too, not only does do above but also tells me one of my tyres are loosing air via TPM, which I don’t have it’s all so annoying. So as recommended by another member who seems to know what he’s talking about. Disconnect the cable plug from the HID translator module. It is located under the bonnet at the front LHS Your problem should be over. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,545 Posts
Yes I have that problem too, not only does do above but also tells me one of my tyres are loosing air via TPM, which I don’t have it’s all so annoying. So as recommended by another member who seems to know what he’s talking about. Disconnect the cable plug from the HID translator module. It is located under the bonnet at the front LHS Your problem should be over. Best of luck.
Not sure you'll get an answer from a thread that was started in 2011 and the user hasn't been on here since 2014

21 - 40 of 40 Posts