Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am just wondering how to find the radio code if there is any if the battery goes completely flat. On some of my previos cars i could not turn on the radio at all without this code

I have a 300c CRD 2008 model with the navigation and 30Gig hard drive. I have been told that chrysler were going to charge me $120 to reset "something" (a independant mechanic told me that the only thing to reset on the CRD is the radio code) I think this is a rip off!!

I am going away for two months and i have read on internet the way to keep the car in good order is 1) to leave the hand brake on " OFF " possition = disengage + increase tyres (tires) preasure 3 PSI of normal + cover the muffler + disconnect the negative on the battery .
But the question remain if the battery goes flat ; DO I HAVE TO RESET ANYTHING ? Could someone help me PLEASE.
Many thanks and regards Andres .
:arms:

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
If the car is garaged, and the garage has electric power, you could put a Battery Tender (or equal) on the battery (connected in the engine compartment) and eliminate any questions arising from disconnecting the battery.
Disconnecting the battery will require resetting the windows and steering, and the radio. You can buy a device that uses a 9-volt battery and plugs into the cigar lighter to maintain the radio, and other, memories while the battery is disconnected. Will it last 2 months: ??????????????

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I am just wondering how to find the radio code if there is any if the battery goes completely flat. On some of my previos cars i could not turn on the radio at all without this code

I have a 300c CRD 2008 model with the navigation and 30Gig hard drive. I have been told that chrysler were going to charge me $120 to reset "something" (a independant mechanic told me that the only thing to reset on the CRD is the radio code) I think this is a rip off!!

I am going away for two months and i have read on internet the way to keep the car in good order is 1) to leave the hand brake on " OFF " possition = disengage + increase tyres (tires) preasure 3 PSI of normal + cover the muffler + disconnect the negative on the battery .
But the question remain if the battery goes flat ; DO I HAVE TO RESET ANYTHING ? Could someone help me PLEASE.
Many thanks and regards Andres .
:arms:
you dont need the code

make on off on off etc.., the ingnition and the mygig well go on

if you want the antitheft code send my a pn i can giv this for your system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi sox,
I have a 2nd gen. 2012 Chrysler 300 with the uconnect 8.4 and after changing my dead battery they theft code must be inserted. I can’t find in the manuals. Can you assist?
Thanks in advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts