Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my windows tinted two years ago and found out the hard way that the metallic tint causes radio reception issues. Is there a way to solve this issue without getting the rear window re-tinted with the ceramic tint? I do not use the Sirius set up, could I use that antennae for the radio?

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
I had my windows tinted two years ago and found out the hard way that the metallic tint causes radio reception issues. Is there a way to solve this issue without getting the rear window re-tinted with the ceramic tint? I do not use the Sirius set up, could I use that antennae for the radio?
I did the same thing in 2005 and used metallic tint all around long before the radio reception problems became evident. I never listen to AM/FM so it doesn't bother me. I think your only option is to have the rear glass replaced with ceramic tint. I don't think it'll be all that expensive, but I don't know what the implications are with the defroster grid. Hopefully they can get it off without ruining the grid. The rest of the windows are fine BTW.

Bernie

·
Registered
42 Posts
The wire to the window "antena" is just up behind the 'C' pillar. It's just a spade clip, I don't see why you couldn't pull off the clip and re route to an external antena.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The wire to the window "antena" is just up behind the 'C' pillar. It's just a spade clip, I don't see why you couldn't pull off the clip and re route to an external antena.
I don't see why you couldn't do that. I just got my windows tinted and made sure not to get the metalic tint. If you can't relocate with the Sirius antenna your guna have to retint that rear window.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts