Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 300 Signature Series - Radio is playing. Then all of a sudden, after about 30 seconds, screen goes black, music plays additional 30 seconds although volumn knob/On Off button do not work. Then music stops. About 30 seconds later, "Chrysler" appears on screen, then Accept button and music starts again for about 30 seconds, then screen goes black, music continues 30 seconds then goes off and scenario starts all over and over and over. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
What head unit do you have? A touch screen/MyGig unit possibly? Normally this is caused by a control board or power circuit relay failure internal to the head unit.

It could also be a loose connection on the back but that's pretty rare.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any suggestions? The dealership just wants to replace it and our cost could be over 1000.00. Depends on the extended warranty. They didn't even want to diagnose, just replace. Thank you for responding. Yes, MyGig

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
It's either a stock OEM unit or go with an aftermarket unit. There are plenty of good aftermarket units out there that cost less than $1,000 even with the harness adapter you will need.

One other option is there are online OEM head unit repair outfits. It might be worth your time to do a bit of research and find one that can fix your head unit.

Here are a couple I found with a simple Google search:

http://www.hitechserv.com/electronics-repair/oem-navigation-dvd-cd-changer-repair/69

http://www.mnrelectronics.com/repairs.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you SOOO much for the info. It just sucks that the car is in near perfect condition and has only 53,000 miles on it and is already having these issues. I really appreciate all the input. I will be checking it out before giving the dealer 1000.00 bucks.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
The more complicated cars get the easier it is for something to go wrong. Good luck and let us know how things work out for ya.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I will. I had a 1999 Volvo that I sold to purchase this baby. My Volvo had over 270,000 miles on it. It still looked awesome, people were always asking me where I got my "new"car. I was hoping to have luck like that with this one, but it sure makes you wonder. I thought 53,000 miles wasn't even broke in good. I guess I was wrong. This car is beautiful and very different looking from most 300's around here. I just hope it is going to be a good car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts