Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys have the same problem? whem im driving every now and then if the light hits the windshield just right it tricks it into thinking its raining. then i look like an idiot because the wipers wont stop.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've never had that happen, But i have had someone in front of me turn on their washer fluid and it lightly mist on my front window and set off the wipers.

·
Banned
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess my windshield is to sensitive, if you look at it wrong it will activate the wipers

·
Registered
52 Posts
My rain sensor has a mind of its own. Its welfare and never really works properly. Also today my check engine light came on with this beautiful car chrysler has made. I love my 300c. Tons of power, drives and handles like a dream, but ive never had so many little things break on a car that ive ever owned besides this one.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Turn'em OFF when not needed.
They are not rain sensing in the sense that they are supposed to automatically turn on when it rains, but rather to operate with variable sensitive to the amount of rain, much like time delayed wipers set by the driver.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
i guess my windshield is to sensitive, if you look at it wrong it will activate the wipers
then turn them off when it is not raining. I never have mine on until it rains.

You can also vary the sensitivity of them by changing the delay setting. The farther from off you set it, the more sensitive they get.

And BTW, who gives a crap what oncoming traffic thinks about your wipers.

·
Banned
65 Posts
My rain sensor has a mind of its own. Its welfare and never really works properly. Also today my check engine light came on with this beautiful car chrysler has made. I love my 300c. Tons of power, drives and handles like a dream, but ive never had so many little things break on a car that ive ever owned besides this one.
Yup, I've had mine in twice now for this problem... They can't fix it. It has a mind of its own! When no rain, it is REALLY FAST, when it rains, they are slow! It is very confused. I end up just doing it myself.

You aren't kidding when you say EVERYTHING BREAKS! Just got mine out of the shop, trying to setup another appointment to get it back in... Good thing Chrysler made me keep it instead of buying it back like they said they would... JUNK!

Love the looks, love the power, but that is where the love STOPS!

·
Registered
190 Posts
You can also vary the sensitivity of them by changing the delay setting. The farther from off you set it, the more sensitive they get.
I didn't know that. I thought only the first delay setting was auto, have to try a different one.

I have always left it on the first delay setting and mine has always worked as it should. Only time I have had the wipers come on without rain was when I hit a large bug directly on the sensor.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Love my wipers and they work perfectly, even after the new windsheild was put in.. No problems!

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
I didn't know that. I thought only the first delay setting was auto, have to try a different one.

I have always left it on the first delay setting and mine has always worked as it should. Only time I have had the wipers come on without rain was when I hit a large bug directly on the sensor.
Yea, the first setting never seems to be sensitive enough during drizzle so I put it to setting three and it is perfect for all conditions.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Yea, the first setting never seems to be sensitive enough during drizzle so I put it to setting three and it is perfect for all conditions.
Same here, I have it on 3 and never had any problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wipers will sometimes come on when I use the turn signal. Even when I am sure I didn't change the setting while doing it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
maybe they dont like you jrod? surprise right? ;-) jk

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yup, I've had mine in twice now for this problem... They can't fix it. It has a mind of its own! When no rain, it is REALLY FAST, when it rains, they are slow! It is very confused. I end up just doing it myself.

You aren't kidding when you say EVERYTHING BREAKS! Just got mine out of the shop, trying to setup another appointment to get it back in... Good thing Chrysler made me keep it instead of buying it back like they said they would... JUNK!

Love the looks, love the power, but that is where the love STOPS!
Frankly, I am not happy with my car either. It is a great car in heart, but something was not made right there under Benz leadership. Is my car is just one unlucky car? My previous pure American Chryslers had no problems and this
one already had more than I wish making me uncomfortable sticking to it even for a second once warranty is over.

I am leasing them, so I do not care much whether they last till 200,000 miles or 500,000 miles, but I expect a new car to be more reliable and the only service required would be oil change and whatever caused by normal wear and tear.

Rain sensing is just a smaller annoyance. Sometimes comes on for no reason on turns or whatever. I did not even bother to complain.

I had more serious stuff. One HID light which would go on and off at its own will, leaking transmission, car is barely moving after the first stop in cold weather in auto mode, inner and outer tie rod required replacement and some resulting excessive and uneven tire wear as result of this, rattle around sun roof, rattle in Homelink console which still no dealer could reliably fix, rattle in right front speaker area, under paint rust on hood (I heard it's aluminum, but paint is still being pushed up). I feel smaller chips are more susceptible to rusting than on other Chryslers I owned which had no sign of any rust at all during the period I owned them.

I think, this is too many for a new car. I am also surprized, that many of these failing components are Merc design based and used under platform sharing arrangement.

Also, which genius at DCX decided to exclude the option of dark interior in 2005 - 2007 models and add out of proportion antenna stick on 2008 models? The two colour grey interiors may look good from distance, but it does not feel or look as good when inside. Even if you want to make outside antenna, the one they put on 2008 models is completely out of proportions or in complete disregard of the vehicle's style. Did they manage to remove trunk cargo net from 2008 300C's? Are plastic things to pull trunk down still there?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I really have no problems with mine. I keep it one click from off since that seems to be the only position that would not trigger the wipers when i use my signals. One thing i notice is that in the morning with there is moisture on the windshield it may or may not wipe it off. I just say screw it and turn it on myself if it doesn't do it.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
If your wipers suck ass then the rain sensor thinks its raining harder then it is. My wipers had to get changed and I noticed that they used to go nuts when it would rain. Changed to new blades and havent had the issue since. Next time it rains look to see if it leaves streaks on the windshield over the rain sensor (red rectangular thing by rear view mirror).

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts