Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 300c RWD with stock 225/60R18. That should have about 28.630 diameter.
My car bottoms out at mid-car when coming down the hump of my driveway, because of the long wheel base, even when I come in at an angle.

Its finally time to buy new tires, and I'd like to increase my height by increasing wheel diameter, but without changing the suspension. What's the biggest diameter/tire/wheel that works in the front, and same for rear?

If i can get more height on the 18" rims fine, but I'm also good with getting 20" or maybe 22" rims to get extra height.

I am not looking for smaller sidewalls, either same or bigger, to keep consistent ride, and realize I may sacrifice some acceleration and will accidentally go faster than speedo indicates.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
The limiting factor on the outside diameter of a wheel assembly is the geometry of the front suspension. Take a look over the top of your front wheel and you will see the nut that limits the wheel outside diameter.
I don't think you are going to be successful to any degree with changing wheel outside diameter.
Maybe you should be looking at reducing the "hump" of the driveway?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Your speedometer can be electronically calibrated to your new wheel / tire combo to give an accurate reading with the Chrysler service StarScan or with an aftermarket handheld tuner such as the Diablo Predator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so obviously people increase the diameter's of their overall tires. How big can you get on the front or back? Even if I only do the rear, that's something, although I'd prefer to grow both front and back, with bigger rims if that's needed as well. Driveway was already modifed, and isn't the only spot I bottom out. Its rough terrain here in NJ.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
The limiting factor on the outside diameter of a wheel assembly is the geometry of the front suspension. Take a look over the top of your front wheel and you will see the nut that limits the wheel outside diameter.
I don't think you are going to be successful to any degree with changing wheel outside diameter.
Maybe you should be looking at reducing the "hump" of the driveway?
I just measured the clearance of the stud/nut above my stock 18" front wheel assembly. It clears the tire by about 3/4" +/-, so if you are driving an American 300C with 18" wheels you might be able to find a wheel/tire combination to add about 1/2" to the radius of the combination to get 1/2" more road clearance.
Seems hardly worth the effort and expense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts