Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our futures are secure with Ralph back at the helm, responsible for all product design which of course includes the 300! He takes over for the retiring Trevor Creed.
------------------

Chrysler LLC Announces Executive Retirement, Appointments
  • Trevor M. Creed to retire after 23 years of service with the Company
  • Ralph V. Gilles named Vice President - Design
  • Andreas A. Schell named Vice President - Electrical / Electronics Engineering Core
Auburn Hills, Mich., Aug 18, 2008 - Chrysler LLC today announced that Trevor M. Creed, Senior Vice President - Design has stated his intention to retire August 31, 2008. The company also announced two executive appointments.

"Trevor has led a distinguished automotive design career," said Chrysler LLC Chairman and CEO Robert L. Nardelli. "He played a key leadership role in the design of award-winning vehicles such as the new Dodge Challenger, Chrysler 300C, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Dodge Viper, Dodge Ram and the Plymouth Prowler. We thank him for his contribution to the Company and wish him well in his retirement."

Creed joined the Company in 1985 as Director - Interior Design from Ford Motor Corp.

Continuing the Company's efforts to improve efficiency and enhance operations, the Chrysler Design Office will now report to Frank O. Klegon, Executive Vice President - Product Development.

Effective Sept. 1, 2008, Ralph V. Gilles will become Vice President - Design.
In this capacity, Gilles will be responsible for all activities of the Product Design Office, succeeding Creed. Gilles joined Chrysler in 1992. He most recently served as Vice President - Jeep® / Truck and Advance Interior Design.

Effective Immediately, Andreas A. Schell is appointed Vice President - Electrical / Electronics Engineering Core.

In this capacity, Schell will be responsible for all electrical and electronics engineering design, development, quality and "voice of the customer" activities. He succeeds William H. (Bill) Mattingly, who left the Company last month.

Schell joined Daimler-Benz in 1996 as a Research Engineer. He most recently served as Chrysler LLC Director - Recovery and Transformation Plan (RTP) and Strategy.
-------------------

Bernie

·
Registered
203 Posts
And deservedly so!!!! The 300 is arguably one of the most original and bold designs ive ever seen in a large sedan in my life!!

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
^^ What MORSAN just said! ^^

Thanks Rambit for posting that awesome information! Ralph Gilles is most certainly the genius designer for Chrysler LLC, ever!

Like many, I have had the pleasure of meeting Ralph at both the first and third Spring Festivals in Irvine, CA. He is the most friendly, down-to-earth 'suit' you could ever meet. His enthusiasm and passion for the automobile is contagious!

Congratulations Ralph (he is a member of this very forum :wink:) on your promotion as VP of Design! After 4 years of ownership, I still love my 300c from the day I first saw it in a magazine advertisement...something like...'coming soon'. Well, they are still coming and it's pure joy to know that people still look at these vehicles with pure awe.

bruno

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ What MORSAN just said! ^^

Thanks Rambit for posting that awesome information! Ralph Gilles is most certainly the genius designer for Chrysler LLC, ever!

Like many, I have had the pleasure of meeting Ralph at both the first and third Spring Festivals in Irvine, CA. He is the most friendly, down-to-earth 'suit' you could ever meet. His enthusiasm and passion for the automobile is contagious!

Congratulations Ralph (he is a member of this very forum :wink:) on your promotion as VP of Design! After 4 years of ownership, I still love my 300c from the day I first saw it in a magazine advertisement...something like...'coming soon'. Well, they are still coming and it's pure joy to know that people still look at these vehicles with pure awe.

bruno
Yep, he sure is, but what a slackard eh...haha!!!

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/members/rg61.html

Bernie

·
Registered
916 Posts
VP he should be the big P, he is all they have right now. Congratulations to Ralph, I know things will be looking up design wise for LLC.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you should send him a PM reminding him he hasn't been around for 2 years, lol!

Still, that doesn't mean he's not reading this forum as a 'Guest'.

bruno
My money is on he is reading, but I don't think company policy allows him to get intimate with us anymore.

Bernie

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
My money is on he is reading, but I don't think company policy allows him to get intimate with us anymore.

Bernie
Jeez - some of us are going to miss the intimacy. Rambit, are you still wearing the jacket that came right off his back? :biggrin:

Personally, I'm really glad to see Ralph take over the entire design operation.

I know he has been working very hard to bring up the quality of the interior on the Chrysler Corp. vehicles. These efforts are showing up on some of the 09 models, like the Dodge Journey I just put into fleet operation 2 weeks ago.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeez - some of us are going to miss the intimacy. Rambit, are you still wearing the jacket that came right off his back? :biggrin:
Yes sir!!! I wear it all winter. Which reminds me I need to get it dry cleaned.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
This is very good to hear. I have been worried about the direction the next 300 is going since seeing some proto types. I hope this mean we'll be getting the RIGHT one and not some Buick Clone. You hear me Ralph. HAHAHA.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
That's funny Scarbs! I do remember those pics someone posted about the possible 300 future design and that's exactly what it looked like!

Don't change (much) a very good thing you got going there, Ralph! We are your best input source after being owners for 4 years and some months...

bruno

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
... I have been worried about the direction the next 300 is going since seeing some proto types. I hope this mean we'll be getting the RIGHT one and not some Buick Clone. You hear me Ralph. HAHAHA.:biggrin:
The next 300 design is pretty much completed, but I'm sure it's safe to say that there is no doubt that Ralph's "input" was utilized.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If this gig doesn't work out for Ralph he can always fall back on his acting job. Check out Super Soul (Ralph) and Kowalski (Erich Heuschele) staring in Return To Vanishing Point.

There'll be a white Challenger SRT8 BTW!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmmm, didn't I read somewhere that Ralph is a huge Buick fan? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else...
Ya gotta have good knees for this job man!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
My wish list to Ralph for the Design team:
- refresh the Sebring front fascia, get rid of those huge ugly headlights - make them smaller and change the fog light area to remove the ugly round surrounds instead flush with the airdam
- unfortunately no design refresh can immediately change the ugly rear roofline and short butt problem. But a similar refresh of the rear lights, making them smaller might improve the design a bit. The old Sebring was much better looking, what were those stylists thinking?
- build the new PT Cruiser on the Caliber platform NOW, get rid of the Compass
- increase the 300 front fascia angle to improve drag coefficient, make the headlight surface flush with the grille cowl
- lengthen the 300 trunk a bit by two inches to improve the visual proportion
- build the 300C Touring wagon with a CRD engine and AWD, market it as the SUV alternative, watch Ford Explorers being traded in.
- get rid of the hood strakes on the Crossfire, put the Chrysler 3.5L V6 Phoenix engine in it, keep the 5A transmission; freshen the front fascia with smaller headlights
- and on and on.... :)

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My wish list to Ralph for the Design team:
- refresh the Sebring front fascia, get rid of those huge ugly headlights - make them smaller and change the fog light area to remove the ugly round surrounds instead flush with the airdam
- unfortunately no design refresh can immediately change the ugly rear roofline and short butt problem. But a similar refresh of the rear lights, making them smaller might improve the design a bit. The old Sebring was much better looking, what were those stylists thinking?
- build the new PT Cruiser on the Caliber platform NOW, get rid of the Compass
- increase the 300 front fascia angle to improve drag coefficient, make the headlight surface flush with the grille cowl
- lengthen the 300 trunk a bit by two inches to improve the visual proportion
- build the 300C Touring wagon with a CRD engine and AWD, market it as the SUV alternative, watch Ford Explorers being traded in.
- get rid of the hood strakes on the Crossfire, put the Chrysler 3.5L V6 Phoenix engine in it, keep the 5A transmission; freshen the front fascia with smaller headlights
- and on and on.... :)
I think they should have made the SRT4 based on the Pt Cruiser all along. this time make it AWD!

Bernie

1 - 20 of 26 Posts