Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the Airraid filter on my C before Velant came out. I don`t know what the inside diameter is on the intake hose. I do know the hole is 3 1/2" were the air silencer is . So I made a 4" intake throw the front lower grill , if I could have found 3 1/2" flanges it would have been a lot easer. See the picks more picks second post and the tires really light up know. :banana: :banana:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more picks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
moddog said:
I put the Airraid filter on my C before Velant came out. I don`t know what the inside diameter is on the intake hose. I do know the hole is 3 1/2" were the air silencer is . So I made a 4" intake throw the front lower grill , if I could have found 3 1/2" flanges it would have been a lot easer. See the picks more picks second post and the tires really light up know. :banana: :banana:
Excellent..you have shown me how to redo mine..Thanks !

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Nice mod! Your engine will love gulping cold air inches off the road level - especially at speed.

One note of caution. Make sure that the Airaid box can pull air from the grille area in case you go through deep water and fill up the lower intake.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Nice mod! Your engine will love gulping cold air inches off the road level - especially at speed.

One note of caution. Make sure that the Airaid box can pull air from the grille area in case you go through deep water and fill up the lower intake.
NR is right... you wouldn't want to make that pipe into a straw! Hopefully, the system leaks enough to apply pressure on the intake and yet enough lose enough not to suck water up.

Maybe try putting your hand or something else over the hole to see if the engine still runs when blocked? :)

CMIUC :burnout:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
moddog, don't know I've managed to overlook this for so long.

Excellent job & pics. You were truly one of the pioneers in getting additional fresh air up to our aftermarket air filters.

Kudos to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts