Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my 2006 300 SRT8 with 2500 miles on it out for a qiuck spin tonight around a couple roads near the house. Im riding along almost home and turn to the next to last road before the house. I punch it a little to hear the motor roar and I spot a effin cat on the right hand side of the road. As I left of the gas to watch for the cat is going to do, I see it run off the edge of the road to the right side. As Im just about a car legnth from it, the stupid bastard decides to run accross the road to the left side. As I hit the brakes trying not to hit it, I swerve to the right a little to attempt to not hit the cat. I then hear a light thud sound, I stop just after hitting the cat to inspect my car hoping that it went under the low front lip. During my inspection of the bumper I notice a nice crack from the lower lip support to the front edge. The DAMN CAT broke my lip. I then proceed to look for the cat and I find it pretty far away, needless to say it broke my car and I broke its neck. So now I got a low mileage car that needs paint repair to it from a stupid four legged fur animal that likes to climb on cars. I dont think this one got to use all of its 9 lives. So fellas help me out here I need a new front LIP only being that I have the 2-piece front bumper. Where can I get one and do they come pre-painted? Sorry for any cat lovers but I love my car more.

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
So lemme get this straight....You expect me to believe that you slowed down to a respectable enough level that the cat had no reason to freak out/panic and run right into your car?

I've been a long time cat owner....I'm not stupid....They're not like deer. They know when something is coming at them and move out of the way WELL before you get to them.

Maybe you shoulda' slowed f*** down.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I think at least I slowed down to a respectable speed at 35mph in a 50mph zone. The cat initially turned right further off the road but then decided to come accross the road to the left at the last minute. I didnt want to hit it but I also couldnt stop in time to not. When I saw it come accross the road I hit the brakes even more.

·
Registered
541 Posts
well I think at least I slowed down to a respectable speed at 35mph in a 50mph zone. The cat initially turned right further off the road but then decided to come accross the road to the left at the last minute. I didnt want to hit it but I also couldnt stop in time to not. When I saw it come accross the road I hit the brakes even more.
Cats can sometimes be unpredictable. In general, they are pretty smart, but just like people, there are always some stupid ones.

Speaking of people, I hate them more than animals. Yesterday, it was raining here. When it rains, for some reason people think: "wow, this is a great time to jaywalk at 4:00 AM when it's dark and wet. I think I'll do it, and walk real slow across the road."

I think the only thing I hate more than people on the roads are bicyclists. In Brooklyn, they are worse than scum. They don't share the road, don't adhere to the rules, aren't obvious about their intentions, etc. I can't understand their logic. It's not like they will win if they get into an accident with a 4000lb car.

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts

Well I wasn't there, so I'll shut up. I had a few drinks last night when I posted my first response. :friday:

·
Registered
435 Posts
k, me personally I H8T cats....

still, I don't know, this story sounds not quite right, heres what I think happened....
As shown here, Kitty was there minding her own business
--->

then you come along, and have a flash back to some repressed childhood memory of kitty being bad, maybe a clawed up leg or something so you plot your revenge and chase kitty down... (se illustration)

LOL, well... it could have happened that way. either way sucks that your car was messed up so badly, try this link I just found it not to long ago. https://www.1stchryslerparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html
It has most parts for a lot cheaper than the dealer, I got a new fender for $101.00-shiipped compared to $130 + tax from the dealer.

so all that's left to say is may kitty rest in Pieces, um peace....

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm with T8STY, I second the vote of "NAY" for cats!

As a rule of thumb... If it's smaller than a deer I never cut the wheel. I might hit the brakes, but thats it. I'd rather plow into an animal than try my luck against a tree, median, or traffic.

@yubyub... Cyclists in NYC aren't concerned about beating a 4000lb car on the road... Just your lawyer in court.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
So lemme get this straight....You expect me to believe that you slowed down to a respectable enough level that the cat had no reason to freak out/panic and run right into your car?

I've been a long time cat owner....I'm not stupid....They're not like deer. They know when something is coming at them and move out of the way WELL before you get to them.

Maybe you shoulda' slowed f*** down.
Not from what I have seen, they dart across the road at the last minute all the time here.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
T8TSY-1 that is freakin hilarious LMAO. You made me laugh about my bumper being jacked up, thanks!! LOL

Thanks again for the website, im ordering one ASAP

·
Registered
78 Posts
Maybe cats shouldn't be allowed to roam free. If people wouldn't put them out at night to go take a dump in the neighbor kids sand box and sleep on my car...... I might be a bit more sympathetic to the cat. So until there is a leash law, like my dogs have to abide by, it will be a risk the owner takes.
I will not swerve the car and put human lives in danger in an attempt to save the life of any animal. Sorry guys, that is what seperates us from them..........they cant reach the pedals.:drive:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Speaking of hating cats, 2 times in the last week I've found some sort of paw prints on the hood and windshield of my car when I got off of work. I never even thought it might be a cat until my fiance said so.

Cats are worthless. If you can't fetch, protect my house, or go get my slippers then GO AWAY. Same goes for my fiance. Hahaha

·
Registered
353 Posts
I saw a personalized license plate on a 50 Ford hot rod recently. It said "Possum Smasher" you need one that says Cat Killer. Hope it did not mess up the paint on the front end.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I love my puppy Franco, hes a Rottweiler.
PS the web browser is trying to correct Rottweiler with POTBOILER! LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts