Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rapper 50 Cent To Get First Dodge Charger

POSTED: 11:03 am EST January 18, 2005

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- It appears rapper 50 Cent gets what he wants.

DaimlerChrysler said it's rushing production on its 2006 Dodge Charger to make sure the hip-hop star gets the first one.

The update of the classic muscle car doesn't go on sale until the spring, but 50 Cent reportedly says he can't wait that long.

A Detroit newspaper reported that he told an industry magazine that, "I need to know what I gotta do to get that Dodge Charger first."

The same situation played out last year when the automaker made a special delivery of its Chrysler 300 for rapper Snoop Dogg.

The company said the connections are "worth more money than any advertising you could do in the marketplace."

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Regarding business practices like this...

PATHETIC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
damn, maybe i should get the charger instead of srt8. i didnt think it had the look but if 50 is gettin one it will be hot!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Companies like MOPAR are the only ones doing this, and yes its pretty pathetic. Companies like Ferrari would laugh in his face.

Cars like the Enzo, F40, F50 are/were available for purchase by interview and approval. :D

BTW 50cent can have every 2005 Charger in the world as far as I'm concerned because it is a disgrace to original Charger.Much like the new "Ford Fairlane." Disgrace!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Giving a car to a celebrity simply to create marketing buzz before any PAYING hardworking people get theirs?

B.S. Atleast Snoop got jacked. His 300c isn't even fully optioned. No sunroof! haha :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ghetto Prince said:
Why is this a pathetic business practice?
I think a giant company that posts a release date, adheres to a schedule, then tosses it all out the window because a high profiler wants it NOW is pretty lame.

I'll bet there are some DC employees affected by this sudden change in release date that are pretty mad, too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you think my mild criticism is "hate," you have led a very sheltered life.

Hatred is something I reserve for true enemies, not car companies that make goofy business decisions.i

·
Registered
46 Posts
CITADELGRAD87 said:
If you think my mild criticism is "hate," you have led a very sheltered life.

Hatred is something I reserve for true enemies, not car companies that make goofy business decisions.i
Not "hate" in the traditional sense. I mean "hate" in the pop-culture sense. And you're guilty of it.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Hatin' ? ? ?

Ghetto Prince said:
WTF? Is that it??!!

There is a word that labels you two perfectly. And that word is : haters.
GP, what's with the haters label? Strong words! The comments are being directed towards a car manufacturer called Daimler Chrysler, not towards entertainers such as 50 Snoop or Scent Dog or whatever they call themselves.

DC has a history of bonehead marketing decisions. The vast majority of the members on this forum, according to the latest poll, are interested in the driveability and luxury of the 300C, and do not want to do extreme appearance mods or try to get on the front page of DubMag.

This isn't hating. It's about the car, not the people. I posted something about the Charger the other day, GP. Here's the text:

"If you think the luxury oriented 300C is hot - just wait til the gearheads and the Nascar crowd get their hands on the Charger.

There's gonna be a Mopar aftermarket explosion like we've never seen before. I hope us 300 owners will benefit from the frenzy.

Give it 6 months - then see if I'm blown' smoke with this prediction.:)"

Bling is fad. Last year, the Escalade. This year, the 300C. Next year, maybe the Charger. The year after. . . who knows?

I enjoy car shows and looking at the bling. I just would never drive one.

And that's not hating - that's just my personal taste.

·
Registered
32 Posts
True words about the charger Disgrace! Call it magnum instead and I won't have a problem with the way it looks. Do you have a link for the Ford Fairlane, I would like to see what it looks like.

BTW 50cent can have every 2005 Charger in the world as far as I'm concerned because it is a disgrace to original Charger.Much like the new "Ford Fairlane." Disgrace![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
677 Posts
The only people that use the term "haters" are the people that consider themselves "players." :rolleyes:

Get real man, we're talking about Daimler Chrysler, not a celebrity. It doesn't matter WHO gets a prereleased automotibile, its the principle of it.

Ford "Fairlane" Concept:

Yet another disgrace to an American icon.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone, but for the people who think that DM has been making 'bonehead marketing decisions'. . . YOU HAVE GOT TO BE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!! :confused:

DM knows exactly what they're doing. They already have people like us on the forum who are 'rapped up' (no pun intended) in the bold features of these vehicles coming out. All they are trying to do is extend the interest of their vehicles to all varieties of consumers because 'it's all about the benjamins' to them.

Of course Farrari isn't going to just make an exception for some celebrity. They aren't trying to mass produce and sell hundreds of thousands of their vehicles. I give 'mad props' to DM b/c they are reaching out to a more diverse customer base and creating an interest in their vehicles to a culture who normally wouldn't have that interest. BTW, the CEO, COO, and CFO aren't there b/c they are stupid.

·
Registered
85 Posts
rogue said:
The only people that use the term "haters" are the people that consider themselves "players." :rolleyes:

Get real man, we're talking about Daimler Chrysler, not a celebrity. It doesn't matter WHO gets a prereleased automotibile, its the principle of it.

Ford "Fairlane" Concept:

Yet another disgrace to an American icon.
Oh, man, I'm dizzy.

I need to sit down for a while.

Who in the world greenlighted THAT monstrosity?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.