Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a rattle between the sunroof /windshield area when driving over rough roads/ railway tracks etc. I traced it down to the wind deflector in front of the sunroof. I was going to put some foam tape underneath it but decided to remove it instead. Just unscrew 2 torx screws and it pops right out. Haven't heard a peep since! Anyone else noticed this? (My 300C is now truly 100% enjoyable!)

·
Registered
331 Posts
arnold

What exactly did you remove. I have a rattle coming from my sun roof sometimes. Thought it was coming from the back of my car but no. Its above me (not towards the front windshiled though). When I vent or open the sun roof it goes away. Also seems to be more previlent in temps from 65 to 75 ( I know, but it seems that way). I do not have an external wind deflector on the top of my car. Something does pop up when I open the sun roof. It is held down by two screws and some sort of tention wire on either side. Is this it and can it be removed with any problems. The dealer will not adress my rattle.

Bob

·
Registered
381 Posts
rdmac said:
arnold

What exactly did you remove. I have a rattle coming from my sun roof sometimes. Thought it was coming from the back of my car but no. Its above me (not towards the front windshiled though). When I vent or open the sun roof it goes away. Also seems to be more previlent in temps from 65 to 75 ( I know, but it seems that way). I do not have an external wind deflector on the top of my car. Something does pop up when I open the sun roof. It is held down by two screws and some sort of tention wire on either side. Is this it and can it be removed with any problems. The dealer will not adress my rattle.

Bob

I don't understand. Why will the dealer not address your problem? How could you allow that?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rdmac said:
arnold

Bob
Bob, Thats what I removed, the screws hold 2 cloth type straps. Once they're undone, it lifts right out. I haven't noticed any more wind noise or turbulence since I removed it, but I don't use the sunroof much anyway...Arn ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey found a different solution. You are right the rattle comes from the wind deflector that pops up. When it is down it rattles against the "inners" of the sun roof. If you look at the area below the delector you will see some noise reducers (cloth on one side and adhesive on the other) glued or taped to the area where the deflector could rattle against. Mine were not positioned correctly. Went to Home Depot and bought some felt with adhesive on the back side and positioned a few in there. No more noise.

Bob

·
Registered
381 Posts
I discovered a rattle that is coming from the sunroof when it is open. It is only apparent when on somewhat rough roads, as stated above. When I reach up and grab the wind deflector, it seems to rattle worse. Is this the problem you guys are talking about? Have your rattles been when the sunroof is open or closed?

Does anyone have the info on the TSB?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts