Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have experience with this new set of brake pads Checker Auto (Nation chain owned by CSK Auto)??

They are new to the local outlets, and semi-metallic.

They cross-reference to the OEM part numbers from Mopar (5174311AC front, 5174327AC rear).

I am afraid to go buy them for $45 when the dealer wants to charge me $375 per set.

Why would the OEM Mopar pads be $800, and these ones would be about $125 for both front and rear?

I understand I would see a difference in performance, but is the difference so drastic as to warrant spending the extra $625?

And yes, I have seen the pads from Zeckhausen and while appealing, I dont want to wait because these pads above are in stock, and my brakes are already toast....

Any feedback specifically on the following product would be appreciated:

RAYBESTOS Part # PGD1149M {Professional Grade; Semi Metallic; 3.010" X 5.580"}
Front; Semi-Metallic; Originally Equipped With Semi-Metallic

Sincerely,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind. Nobody replied so I just went and spent $1400 at the dealer...

Just decided to go take it up the tail pipe and do the brake job at the dealership.

Was about $1100 for the parts (pads and rotors front and rear) and about $280 for labor.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Next time,get the Posi-Quiets on Ebay, same as Zeckhausens but less than100 shipped for both front and rear. I got my set in 3 days. Sucks you had to cahnge ur rotors too

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow. Bend over. Here is the best deal out there.

Pads at rockauto.com
Posi Quiets
10411490 for $40.79 set front
10410530 for $31.79 set rear

That's even less than the ebay guy, and super fast shipping.

Slotted rotors at moparsupercenter.com

Front - $76.57 each
Rear - $73.64 each

Labor - free if you have a floor jack, lug wrench, a screwdriver and a hammer.

Plus, with the posi quiets - ZERO DUST

Here are my posi quiets after 8,000 miles. They look like new. The pad on the extreme right is a Brembo after 16,000 miles. About half gone.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i just had the pads replaced for my 300C SRT8 at my local Chrysler dealership in Brisbane, Australia...cost $75 dollars Aus for the front and $220 for the rear...factory original pads.

The service manager and i were both sweating as he was checking the price for the pads...i was expecting the worst after all the horror stories i have heard but it seems like they have come down a hell of a lot in price over the last couple of months. $300 plus labour i thought wasnt too bad all things considered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts