Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok release date for the kits at 5-6 psi will be 14th march there will be basically 3 kits.

Kit1. "The RDP-Bullet" non- intercooled 5-6 psi
kit2. "The RDP-Bullet Avenger" intercooled kit 8-9psi
kit2 "The RDP-Bullet Pro" intercooled with 10+psi maxmium response

These Kits will be available through our USA/Canada distributors and in Australia Distributed through "RDP-BULLET INDUSTRIES"

Thanks Steve
RDP-Bullet Industries
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
cooooooooooooool

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Can't wait to see the results in Jected's car - will be worth the wait!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Lets see what this going to cost.Was waiting for Procharger kit.This one looks real good what is the Max boost you can run on a stock 6.1.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lets see what this going to cost.Was waiting for Procharger kit.This one looks real good what is the Max boost you can run on a stock 6.1.

max boost on a very conservative tune which i'm now currently running is 9lb's but 100octane fuel is a must

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hey Steve

max boost on a very conservative tune which i'm now currently running is 9lb's but 100octane fuel is a must
Great work so far! We take our hats off to you for the work you and Bullet are doing.

In regards to your octane, am I right to assume that you(Australia) are using Motor Octane Number(MON). Most of the U.S. uses the Pump Octane Number (PON) or MON+RON/2. So in terms of what pump gas octane rating when you say 100 octane does it means 96 octane to us U.S. guys?

Jected's pictures in another thread shows an intercooler. I believe you stated previously that this particular test was without the intercooler. Have you tried the intercooler yet, and if so have you tried a lesser octane?

I know it is early in the development stage for your tune but if you could include in your kit a 91-93 PON tune, especially for your small boost kits, it would sure make it easy on us octane challenged parts of the world. Then again most of us would like a 104 PON tune for the weekends as well.:)

Do you envision supplying different tunes that can be flashed by the buyers with their own handheld Predators?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great work so far! We take our hats off to you for the work you and Bullet are doing.

In regards to your octane, am I right to assume that you(Australia) are using Motor Octane Number(MON). Most of the U.S. uses the Pump Octane Number (PON) or MON+RON/2. So in terms of what pump gas octane rating when you say 100 octane does it means 96 octane to us U.S. guys?

Jected's pictures in another thread shows an intercooler. I believe you stated previously that this particular test was without the intercooler. Have you tried the intercooler yet, and if so have you tried a lesser octane?

I know it is early in the development stage for your tune but if you could include in your kit a 91-93 PON tune, especially for your small boost kits, it would sure make it easy on us octane challenged parts of the world. Then again most of us would like a 104 PON tune for the weekends as well.:)

Do you envision supplying different tunes that can be flashed by the buyers with their own handheld Predators?
Yea what he said:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts

Hey guys. Steve is out test driving all day today. Will have another 1500km on the clock when he finally finishes up today when he gets to Sydney (from Brisbane via Gold Coast) so I will answer on what I know so far.

The 100 octane is Australian reading and equates to 95-96 octane in the US. From what i understand, it will be highly recommended if all kits use this fuel. Safety is the upmost important thing here.

The 9-10psi unit is being run at the moment without the intercooler in operation. Steve is wanting to push the absolute limits of this kit before releasing and so far all is going great. Why would he be running without the intercooler, because this will help simulate the most extreme conditions the motor will ever see. The tuning is key to long life with any mod and Steve is improving this day after day. Engine and intake temps have been fantastic and highway driving so far has seen an average of 9.2 litres used per 100km.

In terms of tuning, upon release of these kits Steve has expressed interest in trying to fly to the States and tuning the cars himself for the owners who purchase a kit from him. Most of the ground work has been completed on the tuning side of things (50+ hours and still ongoing) and fine tuning to each specific car will be carried out.

I doubt whether RDP would want lower than 98 (93 octane) fuel in these cars but I am sure he will let you know.

In terms of different tunes, anything is possible, but again Steve will be best to answer that himself.

Hope that helps for now mate.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

yes basically to all questions mate but you will have to have good octane fuel other wise you will experience detonation in a factory std motor, i would prefer the usa tuners to be tuning them on a car on car basic your atmosphree is totally different to ours over here, i'm planning on flying over to do the first installs and tunes

·
Registered
154 Posts
Keep the good news coming...:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Chevron baby...octane ratings of 89, 93 and 96. I am so glad I waited to build my stroker motor.:fing02: I was actually only about 4-6 weeks away from dropping some serious money on engine components. Of course I may have to refer to my 300C as Mr. Whipple!:biggrin: Will your pricing on the Bullit website be a pretty good ballpark for this system? Believe it or not after watching the dyno video on Youtube my wife said "oh honey, you have to get that!" I think I'll keep her!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.