Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
it's a eaton unit that is modified by harrop in australia, we have them with and without intercoolers inside
This is good news for us power enthusiasts, as options seem to be popping up all over the place.

One thing of note is the thin blower drive belt. I know the whole kit is too new to know if there are any belt slippage problems yet, but I'd be curious to see how this pans out.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Is that one of the TVS Twin screw style blowers or one of the older Roots style?

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is good news for us power enthusiasts, as options seem to be popping up all over the place.

One thing of note is the thin blower drive belt. I know the whole kit is too new to know if there are any belt slippage problems yet, but I'd be curious to see how this pans out.

i do not expect a belt problem at all as we made our belt tensioner system to maximise belt wrap, ours is a dual tensioner plus factory unit

·
Registered
17 Posts
will a 5.7 be upto the task of handeling a supercharger or will you need to replace the heads or any other parts the our stock cars are built around?

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will a 5.7 be upto the task of handeling a supercharger or will you need to replace the heads or any other parts the our stock cars are built around?

yes won't be a problem at all, i probably think the 5.7 is the best suited to the application in other words it will bring the motor alive alot faster

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
567kw converts to 760hp, so are you saying that the car is losing 193hp through parasitic losses?

normal rule of thumb is your loose a 1/3 of your hp through driveline lose, another way is what your make in hp at the tyres normally equals kw's at the flywheel. for example a ba gtp 290kw motor makes 293.6 rear wheel hp

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jeez, you're kidding. What were the torque numbers? And this is a 6.1 you're talking about, right? Any other mods on the machine?
RDP custom tune, RDP CAI, RDP cats back exhaust nothing else totally stock
posting some video shortly

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
This kit will be produced for both 5.7 and 6.1L Hemi's.

Torque was through the roof and much much more than the hp quoted here. I will let the dyno charts show the results as I nearly fell off my seat when I was told.

These results were for the 6.1L.

I believe all the parts for the second kit - first completed production run kit came in yesterday and today (woo hoo mine) and once testing has been finished (this week), I believe orders will begin to be taken soon after (although RDP has had 37 strong enquiries out of which he has already had orders placed).

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.