Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Under the seat... pulling the seat is the tough part amd that's not tough! Lol... bleed the pressure off first... is the pump bad or do you need to upgrade for modifications?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Your supposed to need a special spanner to remove the locking ring but members have done it without by tapping the ring round.

Jack

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol I thought the seat is bolted down as I have tried to lift it before and doesn't seem to want to budge. The pump has been whining for a while and this morning a nasty grumbling sound from it (although it has stopped now) so I guess it's time to replace it along with the many other issues I'm having at the moment. Seems to be slowly falling apart now

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Lol I thought the seat is bolted down as I have tried to lift it before and doesn't seem to want to budge. The pump has been whining for a while and this morning a nasty grumbling sound from it (although it has stopped now) so I guess it's time to replace it along with the many other issues I'm having at the moment. Seems to be slowly falling apart now

FYI, the service manual for the 2005 model says:
"Pull upward at forward edge of cushion each
retainer loop of the rear seat cushion to disengage
retainer loops from cups in floor."

Reactions: silver06hemic

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Many thanks for the info. I'll give it a bash. Got to source a pump first though

Don't be bashful, give it a really good pull. The connection to the floor is kind of like a snap closure on clothing in that there is friction and some metal has to be displaced to get it to come apart. A short, sturdy pry bar applied in the correct position could be used instead of the really good pull. But you have to know exactly where to insert it.
The reverse applies to putting it back together. A drop of lubricant and/or jumping on the seat may by required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts