Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 300c 5.7L 109k miles. My coolant gauge is reading at the 3/4 while my driver information center is reading 190⁰F plus my scan tool was reading right on with the DIC. I installed a new coolant temperature sensor new water pump new fail safe 203⁰ thermostat and a new radiator fan assembly also installed new relays. My fans do not kick on unless I turn the A/C on if I shut it off the fans go off. Also my engine rpms are off my DIC. Reads 2100rpm while the Analog gauge reads 1500rpms I'm Also having issues when I start the car a dodge ram logo appears imstead of my normal chrysler logo when I open anyone of my doors my trunk latch pops open. My push button for my trunk don't work but my key fob does. The car starts perfect idles perfect im just at a loss and ready to give up. Any help is greatly appreciated and I thank you for any response.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm not sure why you replaced all those parts when the scantool and DIC indicate normal temperature.

The fans shutting off with the A/C isn't diagnostic of anything.

It's hard to say for sure without more diagnostics, but it sounds like you might have a bad instrument cluster.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. Eventually the DIC. gets up near 210⁰-215⁰ and still no fans. So I started to replace the cooling system. I'm new to all this and really don't know much about this.

·
Registered
814 Posts
You need to run diagnostics with an advanced scantool. Doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with your fans. They don't normally come on until somewhere around 215-220°.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts