Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver's side headlight has been in and out of the oven for the past 2 hours and I really can't get it to separate. I've done 230 degrees for 20 minutes twice now and several 15 minute 250 degree rounds prior to that. The headlight goop doesn't seem to show any signs of getting loose.
What can I do??:pat:

·
Banned
651 Posts
same thing happened to me, i think i waited to long to do the mod. the silicone that holds the lense on has dried out so much in the past 2 years that it will not liquify. i ended up cutting the lense off with a dremel and then using black silicone to put it back together. looks stock

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's seems like the way I'll have to do it. The stuff the factory put in there just will not liquify. I'm still nervous about using a dremel though :dead1:

·
Registered
633 Posts
I had the same problem.. It's all in the heat don't remember what I had to bump it up too but when you get it right. Just undo the little clips and it pulls apart... Found this out on the second one.. first light took forever to get apart.. I didn't heat it up enough.. Good luck

·
Registered
683 Posts
I bumped mine up to 290 for 25 minutes, undid the tabs and it popped right off. Get yourself a nice flathead as well

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll try the 290 degrees. I just borrowed my neighbor's dremel and thought I'd check here one last time. I was really afraid of going too hot so thanks for telling me of your experience.
I'll tell you how it goes this time :cool:

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's done.
I've lost a little bit of chrome inside my housing from holding the rings in place with tape, but you can't really tell unless you're right there (and at night you definitely wouldn't be able to tell).
This project took me a day to complete from noon on monday to just finishing today (includes 7 hours of sleep). A bit of sanity has been lost but I'm proud to have finished my first major project on my favorite car :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Cool.. Congrats on the cool mod.. It's always better when you DIY.. Enjoy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts