Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal. I haven't started my 2005 300c in about a week. I start it up today and everything is just fine. I drive it for about 5 mins and then I hit a red light. The car starts stuttering a little in drive. I let go of the brake and it gets worse. I step on the gas and everything is just fine. I pull up to another light, same problem. I then put it in park and it goes away. I put it in drive it stutters. I put it in reverse it gets worse.

Here is the weird part. While I'm sitting at the light with the car stuttering, I put the car in park, shut the car off, and then start it up immediately. Everything is just fine!!! No stuttering in drive or reverse. Drive around again for another 5 minutes, problem comes back. I shut it off, start it back up, and it's fine. What is going on here. Someone please help. I'm not trying to go to the "stealership" if it's something really stupid.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Hopefully it is just a bad tank of gas. Any trouble codes showing in the Evic?

Get in the car, close the door. Perform the following steps fairly quickly (less than 3 seconds) :

Turn key to ON
then back to ACC
then to ON
then back to ACC
then to ON

If there are any stored codes, they will appear immediately, in place of the odometer. For instance an "INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH" error will set a code of P0113.

Once the codes have been displayed, you'll see "-----". If there are no trouble codes, the dashes will be the first item displayed.
After a few seconds, the display changes to "-dOnE-".

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I unplugged the negative from the battery. Let it sit there for a minute and it seems like the problem is gone. I hope it stays this way. Thanks for the help though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts