Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Well, I changed the speed sensor this morning after Petman offered to buy it if it turned out that it wasn't a part of the problem. Sorry Martin but after clearing the codes all is now well. No lights on, cruise restored and changing gear at sensible rpms. Happy (Easter) bunny.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
So what did you put it down to in the end. I've lost track lol.

jack

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I think the initial fault was the tone ring, but because the car is in daily use, I work shifts and the weather has been so poor recently ( I cant get it in my garage) it has taken a while to get to it. During this time, debris from the ring has probably stuffed the sensor. What I don't understand is that I have read that the sensor should have thrown a code along the lines of "Speed sensor circuit fault" or something similar. As it didn't I was going round in circles believing that the ring or the fitting of it was the issue.

Reactions: jackwalton

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Great News!! Not to worry I have an order building up for the 300c company so I can add a new sensor to it. Glad you are sorted
Thanks. I got mine from there for £35 plus delivery. Can you believe someone is selling used ones on eBay for £60!

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great Feed, Very insightful!

I have the same issue going on with the same back left axle. AWD 5.7l and the extended warranty covering transmission alnog with CV Axles. The local dealer noted that the tone ring was bad yet it wasn't covered under warranty. After contacting the extended warranty provider, it was covered if it was part of the axle. I also contacted the original out-of-town dealer with the car being purchased this past fall. Still haven't heard back yet and not surprised. So my question is the tone ring part of the axle or not? The last CV Axle (front left) had a damaged boot that sprayed grease allover wheelwell and leaking on the recent EBC brake/rotor upgrade and that was covered.

Thank you for the time and all comments are appreciated,

Shane

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The tone ring is located on the end of the axle shaft and can (if you're careful) be replaced separately. Good article here with photos: Link

21 - 28 of 28 Posts