Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening!

I am the proud owner of a 2006 300C with 93K miles! My local dealership told me that in the near future, I should change the fluid in my rear axle. Apparently, this is a recommended service item. Additionally, he claimed that my rear axle has developed a small leak and that changing the fluid, along with the related filter, seals, etc. will fix that.

With all of this being said, what are your thoughts on changing the fluid in a rear axle? Is this truly required, or is the dealer trying to sell unneeded services?

As you can tell, this is my first rear-wheel drive car; therefore, any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
At nearly 100k it's time... I do mine every 60k roughly... Does it need it at 60k, not really but it's cheap insurance.

As for seals... Climb underneath and look for dark spots around the diff pumpkin where the axles go in or any sign of oil for that matter... If there isn't any ask him to show you the seepage. If you don't see any, take it to another place and have the fluid changed!

BTW... There is no filter...just dump the fluid and refill... Rinse and repeat job, no parts changing required unless you are freshening up the pumpkin.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Thanks, Silver Hemi! I appreciate your helpful advice!
No problem! Good luck... The diffs are stout on these cars... 😉

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts