Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any of you guys are running anything else other then UAS in the rear of your cars. I know MIC uses firestone 2500 lbs bags and they are getting hella lift. What they did was offset the cups to clear the bag when fully collapsed which makes sense to me. The bag they use is 6.4" diameter @ 100psi. If this is the case and they can fit this with out rubbing issues then I should be able to get a RE6 in there with no problems at all. The RE6 is 6" diameter, 200 psi max recommended, 7.2" of stroke, 1,571 lbs of force at maximum stroke (80psi), and have a collapsed height of 2.9". Uas has a bag that is 2.0" Compressed, 7.0" Extended, and 5.875" Diameter. Makes me think my lift issues isn't a cup issue but a bag selection issue. Good thing I can steal the bags from my ram to test!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I was just wondering if any of you guys are running anything else other then UAS in the rear of your cars. I know MIC uses firestone 2500 lbs bags and they are getting hella lift. What they did was offset the cups to clear the bag when fully collapsed which makes sense to me. The bag they use is 6.4" diameter @ 100psi. If this is the case and they can fit this with out rubbing issues then I should be able to get a RE6 in there with no problems at all. The RE6 is 6" diameter, 200 psi max recommended, 7.2" of stroke, 1,571 lbs of force at maximum stroke (80psi), and have a collapsed height of 2.9". Uas has a bag that is 2.0" Compressed, 7.0" Extended, and 5.875" Diameter. Makes me think my lift issues isn't a cup issue but a bag selection issue. Good thing I can steal the bags from my ram to test!
just curious as why you are wanting more lift out back??

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not necessarily more lift, the larger bags will carry more weight at a lower PSI. With 3 people in the back im at full lock and still tucking the top of my tire. RE^ will ride a little softer and at a lower psi and when I need to haul around an additional 600 lbs in the rear Im still good to go!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts