Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am trying to hook mine up now, what did you use for a power source, i am thinking of just splicing into the existing light bulb wire. Will this be enough to power it?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi if you are using the lockpick adaptor, the power could off the lockpick loom, if no lockpick using reversing light power is fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I recently installed the same camera as g1smo in my 05 without the mygig. Rather then have my REC Nav unit modified I went a cheaper route and picked up a Rear view mirror with a 3.5" lcd screen built into it.

Here are a few pics.

Picture quality on the screen is much better than what has shown up in the picture.
hi there
Looks nice......good...
Thanks
Ped

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Does anyone know what the lockpic does to the RCA signal before it goes into the 3 pin plug in the back of the headunit ? It must do something otherwise you could input the camera signal straight into the headunit

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
...especially when I realised the looney who owned it before had put on $4,800 worth of radiator grille (I sh*t you not!)[/QUOTE]

Pictures pictures , is it Gold ?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Does anyone know what the lockpic does to the RCA signal before it goes into the 3 pin plug in the back of the headunit ? It must do something otherwise you could input the camera signal straight into the headunit
Been thinking about this. only way it may work is use a volt meter on all 3 pins to make sure its not 12v.

make a lead up with the connector on one end( headunit) and a rca plug on the other, and just try the pins in all the combinations possible.

Maybe work????

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Fitted mine today all wired in & the phono is now lurking under the rear seat waiting for the next step , 1 thing worth mentioning the number plate light screws are to short & to smaller thread so get 2 screws that fit before you start the install . Does anyone have a picture of the lock pick system (not for Mygig)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i am still stuck trying to install it, how did you get the wires into the trunk to hook up to rearview lights, which color are the wires for the rearview lights,there are about 5 wires, and why are there red wires coming out of the av cable?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
To get the wires in take the rear right light cluster out and use the grommets, most people connect using a lockpick adaptor, so you take all the wires to the head unit, and the red cable on the RCA is a trigger wire, not needed for rear camera, either cut it off or leave it, choice us yours

·
Registered
82 Posts
Rear camera confusion !

It seems like Lockpic [L/P] is the choice of most on this forum.
I have researched Nav-TV, aka AllGig [A/G] .
I do plan to add a reverse CCD camera and would like the option of having the camera on anytime, as well as when shifting into Reverse.
That being said......it seems like many L/P and A/G posters as well as myself are having a difficult time identifying and connecting rear camera conductors to the harness supplied by L/P and A/G.
I prefer to know in advance exactly what is involved before I purchase any DIY project.
I may be wrong but it seems like the mfrs of these units have poor documentation for connecting a rear camera to their cable harness. I have searched for a pictorial guide for such without success.
I even spoke with the tech rep who threw in an additional problem , which is even more confusing.
He claims in order to inititate the rear camera in Reverse or Drive [called Forcing] a relay is required. But he did not explain how to connect the relay. He did offer to prewire the relay at additional cost. He claims that not adding a relay would pematurely smoke either the camera or the myGig screen ! I have read on other forums that after installing everything a black screen resulted. That made the poster think the camera was at fault. That could be the case, but it also could happen because a relay was not installed.
I wonder if this is true, how many rear view cameras are installed without a relay ?
For something that many posters claim is a walk through the park............this has become very confusing for me.
Anyone have a guide with photos showing the correct wiring from a rear view camera to the L/P or A/G harness for an '09 RER ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Having recently done a small mod and fitted a camera inside the car and seeing how easy it is to remove the mygig in my 2009 300c

I'm now wondering about fitting a rear camera for parking.

It seem fairly straight forward but how would I get the cables from the rear number plate to the back of the head unit/ lock pic?

If it's going to mean removing half the interior I won't bother.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
No trim to remove to fit the rear camera. Just take the rear light out. Fish the cable from the number plate light to the corner. Then put the cable through the grommet into the boot / truck.
Lift the rear seat up and drop the back seat, then feed the cable under the boot carpet under the seat the the rear door cill / kickplate
Next run the cable along the kickplates to the dash
Connect up. Job done

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

21 - 40 of 42 Posts