Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the weather is getting cooler, the need to defrost the windows and mirrors have started. I rarely need to use the rear window defrost, but would like to use the heated mirrors (which is activated with the rear window defrost). My question is, has anyone had any issues with the use of the rear window defroster when there is window tint, ie peeling, melting, bubbling etc...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Have used the R/D a few times

tlim said:
Since the weather is getting cooler, the need to defrost the windows and mirrors have started. I rarely need to use the rear window defrost, but would like to use the heated mirrors (which is activated with the rear window defrost). My question is, has anyone had any issues with the use of the rear window defroster when there is window tint, ie peeling, melting, bubbling etc...
Haven't noticed any problems yet. My tint is about four months old.

·
Registered
482 Posts
There shouldn't be any problems if your installer used a quality tint film. My installer told me that if I used my rear defroster, that it would help to work the air bubbles out of the film, and that was in June.
I haven't had any problems at all with the film they installed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had window tint on the rear window of many cars that I have owned (including my 300C) and have NEVER had any heating issues with any of them.
No need to worry... :silly:

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
You are fine. That defroster doesn't get THAT hot. I've had 3 or 4 cars with rear defrost and tint; it's never been an issue at all.

Only issue I know of is if you used a metallic tint then you may have less AM radio reception; I researched this before I had the tint done and decided I could live with it since I never listen to AM radio anyway.

·
Registered
231 Posts
dont worry you wont have any issues.

·
Registered
596 Posts
your defroster won't make the window and tint film any hotter than the sun will with the car sitting in a parking lot in the direct sunlight!! you'll be fine!

·
Registered
23 Posts
like everyone said there should be no problem because most back window tint is melted to the shape of the window so there is no risk of it ever peeling by the elements.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts