Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to upgrade my stock rear differential with the following goals in mind:

1. No more "one wheel peel" - LSD
2. Handle 600 - 700 RWHP - Forged or better than stock quality

So what would you guys recommend?

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK...Builder Bill is on my list to check out. I am also looking at the Mopar 3.73 & 3.92 Getrag conversions with axles & 2009 & Up LX driveshaft (maybe a chrom-moly upgrade) as well.

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hell no it ain't cheap! Them paramount systems are 2x the price of an entire Getrag kit with 600 HP DSS axles.

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm gathering intel as I am going to do it all pretty much at the same time....engine & differential, plus some other mods I've had on the back shelf for some time.

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahaha....don't get yer panties in a wad bud. I'm just taking the first steps in what may prove to be a long, but interesting, journey.

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Logistics = Money

Research = Proper Parts

Proper Parts = Proper Execution

Proper Execution = Money

hmmmm.... weird how that works out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well something to take into account.... Chris (lmi) is running 3.55 out back. He is running at about 2700 rpms on the freeway at 80 mph....I believe he has a builder bill tranny, but it might be SHR.... Not too sure....

He is putting well over 800 to the wheels with his setup. What transmission are you currently running? My nag1 will be toast once I get my Novi blower in.

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know I am pushing the limits of what the stock trans will take so I'll be looking into transmission builds as well. I have a few friends out here that have done similar upgrades to their cars and one has a shop here...who is also an authorized DiabloSport CMR tuner. He's been through the engine/transmission/differential build more than a few times by now and I'm reaching out to him as well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts