Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it get rid of the cupholders? Does it take away a lot of console space?

Pictures would be great. Like from the front.

Got the rear view already:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
teahead...

so what do you really want to know? :28:
there are no cupholders...
you have cupholders?
lucky dog...
does it take away alot of console space...???
compared to what???
picture this...
the screen folds down into the center console...
guess it depends on what you are comparing it too...
the console runs flush up to the cover for the 2 cupholders behind the shift gate area...

hope this helps...

·
Registered
482 Posts
I looked at an SRT8 that had the DVD sys. the screen folds down into the console; compared to mine, looks like you loose about a quarter to a third of the depth of your console. Can't tell you about the cupholders, I didn't think to look for them.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay thanks. I don't really NEED a rear DVD system, but the car I'm looking to get (out of state) has one. I'd be a little PO'd if it renders storage in the console useless or if it does away w/the cupholders behind the shift gate.

Doesn't sound like it affects it too much.

Thanks! But if anyone has pictures of it stored (w/the lid up to see inside the console), I'd 'preciate it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
teahead...

now I know what you are referring too...
the cups holders behind the shift gate are NOT affected.
The storage area under the arm rest is NOT affected either.
I'll try for a picture...

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
I don't have one, and haven't seen one, but my interpretation from the rear picture is that the screen folds down toward the rear and stores against the back of the console "under" the A/C-heat vents (which are higher for the DVD console vs. the typical console). This would protect the LCD screen surface vs. folding forward and leaving the DVD screen facing "up" - uncomfortable arm rest, spilled drink hazard, etc.

My guess is that you still can open the lid of the console with the screen raised (there probably is a hinge a little more forward in the lid to avoid impacting the raised DVD screen). Anything in front of the console would be unaffected.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
teahead said:
Okay thanks. I don't really NEED a rear DVD system, but the car I'm looking to get (out of state) has one. I'd be a little PO'd if it renders storage in the console useless or if it does away w/the cupholders behind the shift gate.

Doesn't sound like it affects it too much.

Thanks! But if anyone has pictures of it stored (w/the lid up to see inside the console), I'd 'preciate it.

If the car you are considering has arrived at the dealer, why don't you just call your salesman and ask him to measure the dimensions of the storage area for you and to look and make sure the cup holders are still there? I think with enough coaching even a car salesman could get close with a tape measure :wave:

·
Banned
144 Posts
I have the dvd it folds toward the front w/screen facing up but has a cover over it part of console cup holders are still in same place hope this helps

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As an aside, do you think it'd be easy to wire up another monitor say...on the pass. side sun visor, and tap it into the DVD player?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts