Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would happen if I took a 2016 charger Scat diff and put it on a 2009-10 Chrysler 300 hemi

·
Registered
77 Posts
What would happen if I took a 2016 charger Scat diff and put it on a 2009-10 Chrysler 300 hemi
I think from reading other people's stuff that you also need axles and hubs. And that you would get a more better gear ratio that would give you better performance.

I just swapped an undersized weenie v6 car rear end into my 05 300c and I haven't broken it yet, but I might break it if I were to hot rod or hoon the car around. But I have been very pleased with the results. It's a much lower than factory ratio so I run a lot higher rpm but not so much so that the car seems to hate it, and it's given it a LOT of pep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After the swap did the transmission shift harder or in any way different than with the stock diff and what ratio did you go with.

·
Registered
77 Posts
After the swap did the transmission shift harder or in any way different than with the stock diff and what ratio did you go with.
I went with the 3.90 was cheapest at the time but I saw one of the 3.64 or whatever brand new for $150.00 on a later search. Car seems to love it. It's like a whole different car now. Super responsive by comparison to the original gear. Runs a lot of rpm on the highway though. 2800-2900 to go 70mph. Our cars overdrive is not very high, but they do have one, so it's all good compared to a real old school car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts