Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 300C that has one heck of a rattle (seems to be coming from the rear bumper area) which we've been unable to isolate. We've actually taken the bumper apart & filled it with foam to stop the rattling - NADA. Has anyone experienced a similar kind of a problem? Can anyone shed any light on this kind of a problem?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the same problem in my '05c, and i found that a lot of it (not all by any means) was the spare tire tools not being properly in place. This caused a lot of noise and clanging of metal on metal on rough roads. probably wont be the solution but something to check before you get too carried away

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I have an '05 300C that has one heck of a rattle (seems to be coming from the rear bumper area) which we've been unable to isolate. We've actually taken the bumper apart & filled it with foam to stop the rattling - NADA. Has anyone experienced a similar kind of a problem? Can anyone shed any light on this kind of a problem?
Are you sure this rattle is coming from the bumper area? Sometimes it's difficult to tell from sitting in the drivers seat. You've already checked out the bumper with no improvement.

Have a look at this TSB - http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_2300705a.pdf. Might be something to check out. At the very least you could rule it out.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Did you drive with the rear bumper off? That would help you isolate the problem. On both my 05s there was a rattle coming form the rear suspensoin. The 300 it was a broken weld fixed for free. On the maggie it was a wire loom holder for the break lines. The screw holding the bracket rusted out. Easy fix just added a new screw. You can see it on the rear crossmenber by the shocks. Good Luck I hunted for the Maggies rattle for 2 years before i found it.

E

·
Registered
358 Posts
Are you sure this rattle is coming from the bumper area? Sometimes it's difficult to tell from sitting in the drivers seat. You've already checked out the bumper with no improvement.

Have a look at this TSB - http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_2300705a.pdf. Might be something to check out. At the very least you could rule it out.

Bernie
if it was the spare tire bolts would that be heard from outside the car? I hear a sound while driving with the driverside rear window open...and inside the car I hear a clinking sound they cheecked my brakes and then said it would be my shocks could that be it?...I've had my car since 05 and have had 24s for awhile so I was kinda convinced what do you guys think?

·
Registered
666 Posts
the rear bumper on my car is sagging and making noise

there a great thread with pic on how to fix it still need to get to it, try shaking your rear bumper, I bet that the noise

·
Registered
633 Posts
I had a loose shock mount bolt that was causing noise on my Cs rear end.. was my fault too :) but thats another story

·
Registered
1 Posts
05 Chrysler Rattle in rear

I have an '05 and had the same sort of ":) rattle". I put pieces of sponge rubber under 4 places on the jack and 4 places under the spar tire and it was better, but I still heard some noise. I then removed the rear piece on the back of the trunk which is held on by 4 push in caps and put pieces of sponge rubber under there where it was hitting and the "rattle" was gone.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I heard a vibration in the rear when the stereo was blasting.Turns out it was the rear center speaker blank flopping around,they put this in place of a 3rd middle speaker when not being used but it just lays there rattling.Took it out and had no more rattles.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had a loose shock mount bolt that was causing noise on my Cs rear end.. was my fault too :) but thats another story
yeah that's what it was a wonderful loose shock bolt and boy was it rattling...of course the tech said he couldn't hear nothing I hadto go back to the dealer because they said all the noises were normal as soon as I got in the car ith the tech he said oh is that the noise. then he tried to say it was my exhaust then could be my 24's finally I moved the car from the back and told him it could only be heard from one side...he tells me oh yeah it could be ur shock...after two days in the dealer they finally figured it out..

·
Registered
358 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts