Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm new to working on cars, and recently I must have ran over something due to my differential being busted....
Question is can I slide the axles out and just replace the diff. or do I need to swap the whole rear end axles and all? thanks
Which year and model is your car? I'm pretty sure all of our lx cars have independent rear suspensions where the diff is a separate center section with cv axles you can just pull out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which year and model is your car? I'm pretty sure all of our lx cars have independent rear suspensions where the diff is a separate center section with cv axles you can just pull out.
2015 300 limited, I finally found a video explaining how to take the axles out, but your right def appreciate it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
2015 300 limited, I finally found a video explaining how to take the axles out, but your right def appreciate it.
Pulling the hubs and everything else isn't hard, as far as being technical, might not be the simplest thing ever, but with videos and stuff I'm sure you'll get it. It can however be hard as far as physically hard to turn bolts, especially the axel nut and separate things that may be old and not want to just slide apart. Having the right tools, and a good breaker bar and maybe a "cheater pipe" to go over and extend the handle might make the whole thing easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts