Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MOT found this had broken, a new sensor is required to get the broken link which has plastic ball joint sockets (over £100) . Nothing wrong with the sensor itself just the link to the lower arm. 6M Stainless threaded rod and a couple of 6M ball joints, sorted for less than £10. Ebay is wonderful :)
Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Suites all Gen 1 models. Fitting location front only." £18.08 with shipping.

My parts £7.84 delivered. Otherwise perfect :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
HID levelling

Great fix, well done.

I "disabled" mine on my car (2007) One of the few things in the car that just didn't work when I got it. Does all the "start up cal" and all the rest, but every now and then the lights "reset" when on the road; that is they look up to the trees, back down, back to preset height.

Not very often, but enough to be annoying; and get flashed by angry drivers thinking it is high beam. I also noted other cars like mine "flashing me" so they have same problem.

Read the forums, people said they have been to dealers, had them reset, changed modules = still the same.

I removed the link arms front and back and bolted them static so they cannot move. Adjusted headlights and they have been perfect for the 5 years they have been like that.

One of three things I learnt from the forums and fixed as soon as I got the car (The other was the stupid "tin sheath" wheel nuts, what the?????) and the "pink plastic park" lockout that WILL fail one day (not "if" - definitely "when".) I waited for that to fail (it did); but when it did, I had new part/knew how to fix. The forums/you tube/Ebay. Where would we be without them??? :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great fix, well done.

One of three things I learnt from the forums and fixed as soon as I got the car (The other was the stupid "tin sheath" wheel nuts, what the?????) and the "pink plastic park" lockout that WILL fail one day (not "if" - definitely "when".) I waited for that to fail (it did); but when it did, I had new part/knew how to fix. The forums/you tube/Ebay. Where would we be without them??? :)
Thanks, you're absolutely right. I love the diy fix info, knowledge from someone who's been there etc. These forums are superb. I've got a couple of 90's US Chevrolets and without the US forums I would be stumped for fix info,parts etc. Always plenty of people eager to help out. Big thanks to all ::biggrin::

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,754 Posts
and the "pink plastic park" lockout that WILL fail one day (not "if" - definitely "when".) I waited for that to fail (it did); but when it did, I had new part/knew how to fix.
Although I don't have a new part to hand, I do carry around a long shaft screwdriver which can be used to shift the pink thingy lockout in an emergency (tip from this forum). It is also possible to effect a cheap repair of the pink thingy - another forum tip. Also, having the CRD and again following forum advice, I carry around a swirl motor substitute dongle, just in case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, i know this is an old thread, bud anyone know the sizes of the arm? Mine fell off or someone took it off 😔 and don't have a comparable piece so i can build it, thanks in advance

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, i know this is an old thread, bud anyone know the sizes of the arm? Mine fell off or someone took it off 😔 and don't have a comparable piece so i can build it, thanks in advance
There you go, make it to 100mm and you'll be damn close. I made this up to match the one from my car with a broken plastic ball joint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts