Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have an issue with a slow leak on the rear passenger tire. I fill it up to 33 PSI and it leaks out to 27 PSI and stops. It brought on the warning the first time but no longer. I've done a visual with no problems. I haven't damaged the rim and I've tested with a guage to rule out inaccurate readings. Any thoughts (outside of resealing the tire). I will do that this week but wanted to see if this was a problem experienced by others.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Fix - A - Flat

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Could be the valve stem leaking.... try tightening the core...

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
My rear driver tire is leaking at a rather slow yet annoyingly quick rate. The dealer bought me a new rim and put it on a couple of days ago and now the [email protected] thing just won't stop leaking. Maybe the seal around the wheel is damaged or something??
Not sure if you had any tire work done at all but that's my story.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I just went through this. I had a screw (fixed it myself) in my tire. Take it to a tire shop and have them put it on water. Or you could max the psi and look for bubbles.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I see this happen everyday at the tire shop I work at. In most cases if there's nothing wrong with the tire the main causes of a slow leak are a loose or crack valve stem or a rim leak. The shop I work at charges $24 which include removal of the tire from the wheel checking the interior of the tire for stress marks, cracking, or dry rot and cleaning/bead sealing the inner part of the wheel. It also includes rebalancing and installing it back on the car. This usually takes care of the problem.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have the same problem while cleaning my 300c the other day I was soaping up the problem tire I could see tiny bubbles right at the rim, I could see the lip of a sticker
right on that spot in the inside of the rim hangin out the lip
I suspect thats the problem the rubber lip is on a sticker on the rim lip, plan to have it remounted,

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
bead sealer

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mystery Solved

I found the culprit.

Nail. Missed it on my first pass. Had it fixed at the dealer along with the tranny seal and a rattling dash. Dash was vent bezel rattling and fixed with foam tape.

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I found the culprit.

Nail. Missed it on my first pass. Had it fixed at the dealer along with the tranny seal and a rattling dash. Dash was vent bezel rattling and fixed with foam tape.

Thanks all.
Thanks for reporting back and hearing all is good to go!
bruno

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just bad luck for the most part,happened to me and they couldn't plug it because of the high performance tires so for $30.00 had to get it patched.NP ever since then....good luck.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I fill it up to 33 PSI and it leaks out to 27 PSI and stops.
Fill it to 39 and let it leak down to 33 :biggrin:

I just put on the Goodyear Assurance after the Conti's and I'm liking it. I had both sets filled with nitrogen and they've all held the pressure well.

For your problem, a tub of water will find the culprit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts