Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a nice long drive last weekend to attend a wedding in Barrow-In-Furness. All in all about 1500 miles including the obligatory visits to relatives and returns to Gatwick Airport. Only one issue

The rear seatbelts ...they keep tightening up when you move. The passengers had to keep undoing them returning them to fully retracted and then pulling them out.:irked:

Any Quick fixes or is it a simple case of RTFM (Read The Flippin Manual)

Car drove great by the way....ave of 32 mpg for the whole trip including short town trips

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
882 Posts
RTFM!

They are annoying, but it is some special kind of lock, disabled by pulling the belt all the way out or something, thanks for reminding me, must go and do mine!

Stef

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
I made up approximately right angled brackets from scrap plastic (actually plastic guttering down-pipe moulded with a hotair gun), cut the working parts off a couple of Klunk Clips SEAT BELT ADJUSTERS CLIPS BELT STOPS (KLUNK KLIP) on eBay, also Seats Seat Customisation, Interior Styling, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-Jun-08 20:09:17 BST) and bolted the said working parts onto the brackets. The brackets were then inserted between the seat back and the plastic trim just where the seat belt come into view. They work very well as there is no strain put on them and are very easy to fabricate. There is a slight angle involved in the making of the bracket but it is self evident when you look at the position of the belt. I Araldited a piece of finer plastic (actually a piece cut from a yoghurt pot) over the bolt heads to prevent any chaffing on the leather of the seat. Approx make up time about 15 minutes a side. Certainly saves your rear seat passenger hanging themselves.
Cheers John

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
another thing they are no good for is rear facing baby seats.I was supposed to take my god daughter out somewhere(she is only 18 months) I tried to fit the seat in and the belts would not come out enough,put the seat back in my cousins 55 astra and they had to follow me to the outting.
Also what a pig of a job it is to click the centre seat belt into the stalk,or is it just me??

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
882 Posts
I think they cost around £2,500 ($4,925) new for the 4, I have no idea about the weight though sorry! Here is a closer picture:-

The Startech website is STARTECH Homepage

Stef

·
Registered
147 Posts
Speaking of rear seat belts. Has anyone worked out a fix for that damned annoying belt that gets in the way of everything when you fold the rear seats flat. Or am I not doing something I ought to?

to prevent any chaffing on the leather of the seat. Cheers John
By the way John if l -o - n -g term memory serves a little chaffing in the rear seats is not necessarily a bad thing. Mind you didn't have leather in those days!

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Best looking wheels I have seen, how much do these bad boys cost and weigh?
they are pretty heavy when you are trying to refit them back on the hubs,they are not as light as they look

·
Registered
8 Posts
The monstars weigh about 30kgs with tyres as opposed to the UK stock 18s of 26kgs ish I cant be precise as I weighed them on the front lawn with some bathroom scales...

Cheers

Kevin

·
Registered
119 Posts
I made up approximately right angled brackets from scrap plastic (actually plastic guttering down-pipe moulded with a hotair gun), cut the working parts off a couple of Klunk Clips SEAT BELT ADJUSTERS CLIPS BELT STOPS (KLUNK KLIP) on eBay, also Seats Seat Customisation, Interior Styling, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-Jun-08 20:09:17 BST) and bolted the said working parts onto the brackets. The brackets were then inserted between the seat back and the plastic trim just where the seat belt come into view. They work very well as there is no strain put on them and are very easy to fabricate. There is a slight angle involved in the making of the bracket but it is self evident when you look at the position of the belt. I Araldited a piece of finer plastic (actually a piece cut from a yoghurt pot) over the bolt heads to prevent any chaffing on the leather of the seat. Approx make up time about 15 minutes a side. Certainly saves your rear seat passenger hanging themselves.
Cheers John
Hi, would be interested to see a photo of your set-up?

There is a thread under the Australian forum about rear seat belts.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/australia-forum/56273-rear-seat-belt-locking-problem.html

As outlined in the above thread, I have recent bought a set of Mopar rear seat belt extenders which have reduced the problems I had been having.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Here is the sequence of photos I took of the Klunk-Klip mounted on the home made plastic bracket. It should be noted that what I used was the Klunk-Klip 2 the one with the flexible mounting rather than the solid plastic mounting however either would suffice. Hope this gives you a clear impression of the minor modification - which gives a great deal of comfort.

Cheers John

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Photo 1 shows the Klunk-Klip ready for use by rotating the cam to lock the seatbelt.
Photo 2 shows the Klunk-Klip locking the seatbelt - you can see a loop of belt lying beside it and the cam raised.
Photo 3 shows the unit still in place but the cam removed.
Photo 4 shows the seatbelt pushed to the side and the unit partially withdrawn from its working position between the seatback and trim panel.
Photo 5 shows the fabricated plastic bracket - you will note there are no fixings between it and the vehicle - it simply sits between seatback and trim.
Photo 6 shows another view of the bracket with Klunk-Klip fixed to it.
Photo 7 shows the thinner bit of plastic (cut from a yoghurt pot) Araldited over the bolt heads to protect the seat material.
Photo 8 shows the method of securing the Klunk-Klip to the plastic bracket with small nuts and bolts.
Cheers John

·
Registered
777 Posts
Had a nice long drive last weekend to attend a wedding in Barrow-In-Furness. All in all about 1500 miles including the obligatory visits to relatives and returns to Gatwick Airport. Only one issue

The rear seatbelts ...they keep tightening up when you move. The passengers had to keep undoing them returning them to fully retracted and then pulling them out.:irked:

Any Quick fixes or is it a simple case of RTFM (Read The Flippin Manual)

Car drove great by the way....ave of 32 mpg for the whole trip including short town trips

It does say in the manual how to dissable this 'feature' of the rear seat belts. I would have thought it would be dissabled from the factory and the user had to enable it if needed. It's good for strapping boxes into the back seat tightly so they wont move.

I think it's a bit like when you jarr the belt out quickly it locks in place to stop you flying out the seat. But with the feature enabled it locks all the time meaning as the poor sod moves about in the back seat the belt ckicks onto tighter and tighter notches until it's almost impossible to release! Only way to pull it back out is to unclip from the 'thingy' let the belt go all way back in and then pull out again. This just puts you back to sqaure one though and you should pull the belt all they way out as far as it will reach to deactivate it. Now it should work like any other seat belt.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Photo 1 shows the Klunk-Klip ready for use by rotating the cam to lock the seatbelt.
Photo 2 shows the Klunk-Klip locking the seatbelt - you can see a loop of belt lying beside it and the cam raised.
Photo 4 shows the seatbelt pushed to the side and the unit partially withdrawn from its working position between the seatback and trim panel.
Photo 5 shows the fabricated plastic bracket - you will note there are no fixings between it and the vehicle - it simply sits between seatback and trim.
Photo 7 shows the thinner bit of plastic (cut from a yoghurt pot) Araldited over the bolt heads to protect the seat material.
Photo 8 shows the method of securing the Klunk-Klip to the plastic bracket with small nuts and bolts.
Cheers John
Thanks for sharing those photo's! :fing02:

Cheers

·
Registered
777 Posts
Cheers John
Yeah cheers for the photos, I'm stunned at how it looks. It looks like the klips were always there and not aftermarket. Good job :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts