Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rear sunshade removal for speaker install--need help

Hey all,

Does anyone know if there is info on removing the rear sunshade? I noticed an old thread on this but didn't include details or pics.

I need to get to my speakers to replace them. I need to remove the shade bracket and actual shade. It looks like there are airbags behind the panels next to the headrests.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You shouldn't need to remove the sunshade. According to the service manual you only need to remove the rear shelf. Steps to remove the shelf:
Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.

Remove the right and left lower and upper C-pillar trim from the vehicle. (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/PANEL, C-Pillar Trim - Removal) .

Remove the nut that secures the center rear seat belt lower anchor to the stud on the floor panel and feed the seat belt webbing back through the opening in the top of the rear shelf panel trim (2) to the retractor.

Remove the push-pin fastener (1) that secures the trim to the rear shelf panel (3).

Slide the trim forward to disengage the S-clip that secures the underside of the trim to the center of the shelf panel.

Remove the trim from the rear shelf panel.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys.

those are the panels that I believe airbags are behind. I am afraid to damage them or rip off those panels without specific instructions. I saw that post, but looking at the rear shade after removing the rear deck cover, I am still confused on how it needs to be taken out.

If anyone has exact instructions including if those airbag panels need to come off, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to figure out how to remove the sunshade again tonight. I cant figure it out. I am usually pretty good with this stuff, but I think I met my match. $270 to take it in and have speakers removed and replaced. They can deal with this headache.

case closed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts