Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i was shopping for sway bar kits, it occurred to me that thicker sway bars induce more inside wheel lift during corner, so what exactly does that mean for our Cs with open diff?

what i mean is, if an open diff sends power to the wheel with less resistance, does that mean the inside wheel would get even more wheel spin & even less power to the outside wheel?

thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
19,617 Posts
It will be difficult, if not impossible, to get that much lift off the rear tire of this heavy car.

An anti-sway or anti-roll bar is intended to force each side of the vehicle to lower, or rise, to similar heights, to reduce the sideways tilting (roll) of the vehicle on curves, sharp corners, or large bumps.

The true benefit of the swaybar is less body roll and better lateral stability.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Even simpler solution...turn ESP off.
But I will soon be testing this. I have Stack sways & am swapping to a LSD rear.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As heavy as this car is, you can only benefit from a (bigger) rear sway bar. Your tires/brakes won't be affected by a rear swaybar. As stated the sway bar makes the car less likely to have body roll in turns, which translates to a less awkward/"disconnected" feel. It will only help the handling.

·
Administrator
19,617 Posts
The rear brakes will be affected regardless of the size of the sway bar because once rear wheel slip is detected due to excessive acceleration, the traction control system engages the rear brakes.

I actully wore out my rear brake pads before the front brake pads needed replacement! Shame on me..... :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay sorry i left out a huge point, the car's driven throughout the year, that means both tarmac & snow, and its been oversteering through every turn for the past 2 months (not that i'm complaining)

i understand rally cars run either skinny or no rear sway bars? what does that mean if i go for larger bars both front and rear, while already spinning the wrong wheel?

·
Registered
546 Posts
mines tail happy and its a crd and its my daily driver i was always under the usumption that thicker bar better road holding

1 - 11 of 11 Posts