Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the pro kit on my car this morning. The intall took about 6 hours. We ran into some issue or stump at every corner, with the worst beign the back passenger side where the bolt comes out INTO the exhaust piping that we didnt have the tools to drop.
The car drives better now, has more of a sporty feeling and the handleing around turns is greatly improved, which I didnt think would happen.
The front is sitting decent with only a finger and a hlaf gap at most, but the back still looks high at about 2 and a half fingers.
Is it nomal for the Pro Kit to look visibly higher in the rear?
I'm debating buying a set of Sprotlines and dropping it a little lower then selling the pro kit.

Just looking to hear other peoples experiences with the pro kit, if the springs in the rear ended up settling a little lower or not...

·
Registered
53 Posts
How did you replace the springs?

If you removed the lower control arm, did you tighten the bolts with load on the car or while it was on a lift or jacked up.
What should happen, especially with non-rotational OE bushes is that you leave everything just a little loose, drive it in a parking lot really slow over a bump or two and then tighten all of them on a 4 post lift or with load on the car. Otherwise you will induce bush bind and it will give false heights.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
From all of the LX's I've seen rollin' around on the Pro Kit, they tend to look a TAD raked. I would say let the springs settle, and you may notice it less, but I would say that the majority of the Pro Kit owners definitely have a higher ride height in the rear.

And your experience with the rear bolt hitting the exhaust... UGH! I feel you there man. The nice thing is, putting the bolt in from the other side after buttoning everything up makes it easier if you ever need to swap out your springs again. :fing02:

·
Registered
566 Posts
It should settle a little bit more within a week or 2, but don't expect too much. What helped mine look better was that I'm running a 30 series tire out back which gave it less of a rake.

A buddy of mine has the prokit and 35 series all the way around, it doesn't look bad though.

Got any pics of yours?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I think that all 300's with the prokit are going to have a raked look. Your's should settle a bit more after a few weeks of driving. The reason for the raked look is because if you add passengers to the back it will sag a little more (which I think was the whole idea behind the design). Your front is lower because of the weight of the engine. Mine settled quit a bit after a few weeks of driving around.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'd hold out and see if they settle to your satisfaction. Mine did. I considered the Sportlines, but am glad I went with Prolines because the drop is exactly what I was looking for. There is still a little rake, but I can live with it...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the advice guys!
Ill give it a few weeks and see what happens...
taylormotorsports vbmenu_register("postmenu_687463", true); : is that pic on the pro kit?? that is the EXACT drop im looking for. Id even go like a half inch lower but Id be happy with that drop for sure. youre on 22s right?

·
Registered
191 Posts
They will settle a little more in about 2 weeks. What I did to get another 1/4 inch lower was I took out the rubber spring isolators. Try that before you give up on the Pro kit's.

·
Registered
270 Posts
IMO cold wound coils are best suited to motor-sports where coils are frequently replaced to get the best track set-up. Cold wound coils fatigue faster than hot wound coils. Cold wound coils tend to be made of thinner OD wire as it is very difficult to cold wind thicker OD wire. That is why you are all experiencing the 'settling'. Removing the rubber spring seat insulator will drop the car a bit more, but it will also mechanically transfer more road noise to the cabin.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will removing the rubber spring isolators alter the ride at all? or possibly cause any problems at all?

·
Registered
566 Posts
will removing the rubber spring isolators alter the ride at all? or possibly cause any problems at all?
I wouldn't do it. Like Pete said more road noise, and only for a slightly lower rear... Not worth it IMO.

Why didn't you go with the sportlines?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought the springs last summer when I bought the car. I went with the Pro kit over the sportlines becaue I wanted a better ride as my last car was lowered with the Sportlines.
If I were to have jsut bout the springs now I would have gone with the sportlines as I want a low car again over better ride! haha

·
Registered
302 Posts
I got my Pro Kit installed last month and the rear does have a higher ride.

Look at the before and after install on my ride from another thread here

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/suspension-handling-modifications/55548-eibach-pro-kit.html

hey bro im here in the bay too who installed your springs and how much didi it run I cant find anyone to do it less than 280$ is that sound about right I'd do it myself but my knee is killing me so im looking for someone to posibly do it. Any help is apprecaited. Thanks!:fing02:

·
Banned
651 Posts
I went with the Sportlines, took me a good day to get everything installed. Stick with your Pro's! my sports are badazz and they handle awesome. but now my new motto is......"scraping is an everday part of life"

when i drive solo or with a friend im alright. but when i have a full car i look like a lead slead and i have to beware of pebbles and small rocks cuz ill scrape

·
Registered
127 Posts
onthelo.........I got my springs installed at Sound Image off of Tully Road right across from the fairgrounds. Install cost me $200 and took a little over 2 hours. You can google the name and when you call them, ask for Tommy (he's the owner). He also has the Pro Kit for $250

·
Banned
651 Posts
yeah i suggest to anyone considering getting lowering springs. Its way easier to pay someone to do it instead of wasting a weekend doing it yourself when a trained professional can do it in a couple of hours

p.s. i just got back from lunch. i scraped on the driveway on my way out of my works parking lot. and i scraped out of the taco bell drive thru- parking lot. The only way i dont scrape is if i go sideways and ultra ULTRA ULTRA SLOWWWW like -20mph. then im alright (i have sportlines)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont ever have a full car really, and Im used to scraping as my last car was slammed with skirts...
still debating getting sprotlines...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts