Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this thing.... when I drive on the interstate and cars are behind me. The inside rear view mirror turns a light green so does the driver's outside mirror ....however the passenger side view mirror is clear. Is this way ts supposed to work Thanks :pat:

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Yep... that's perfectly normal. AFAIK the passenger side mirror is not auto-dim on any LX model.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yep... that's perfectly normal. AFAIK the passenger side mirror is not auto-dim on any LX model.
Close ;-)... If you have the approach lighting/turn signals embedded in the outside mirrors (2008 models, AFAIK), then the passenger side mirror also 'turns green'.
Outside Mirror Auto Dimmer — If Equipped
This mirror automatically adjusts for annoying headlight
glare from vehicles behind you. You can turn this feature
on or off by pressing the button at the base of the Inside
Rearview Mirror. This feature is also available on the
passenger outside mirror of mirrors equipped with turn
signal and approach lighting.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Close ;-)... If you have the approach lighting/turn signals embedded in the outside mirrors (2008 models, AFAIK), then the passenger side mirror also 'turns green'.
Outside Mirror Auto Dimmer — If Equipped
This mirror automatically adjusts for annoying headlight
glare from vehicles behind you. You can turn this feature
on or off by pressing the button at the base of the Inside
Rearview Mirror. This feature is also available on the
passenger outside mirror of mirrors equipped with turn
signal and approach lighting.
I agree completely. I have the turn signals in my mirrors and the all turn green when there is a car behind me at night. At first it caught me by surprise but it is a really good feature and I never have to worry about being blinded by light in any of my mirrors.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My passenger side dimming didn't work when I first picked up the car. I went back to the dealership and they said they had to "activate" it. I noticed the night I picked up the car from the shop it still didn't work. I then found out this was a known issue and I had a choice - they would pay me $80 not to fix it, or they had to order a new cable. i chose the cable as i want everything to work. Now all three mirrors turn color. I love it.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
My passenger side dimming didn't work when I first picked up the car.
Didn't the auto-dim passenger mirror come with some optional package? Can't remember, and I don't have it. Luxury Group? Seems like it was the same one that included heated rear seats, which I also don't have. Does your have that group or something like it by any chance?

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
I was an option on Luxury Group 2 package. My C has the auto dim but only for the rear view and drivers side. This "creature" comfort feature should be standard on a car in the 35-40 thou range. My 2 cents

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dimming side view mirrors

Thanks to all I have located the answer the drivers outside mirror and the rear view mirror of course only dim the PASSENGER MIRROR does not this is from the 2006 Chrysler 300 Brochure.....................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts