Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All -

Has anyone had a problem with their rear window being fuzzy after tinting? I had my windows tinted about 3 weeks ago, and my rear window is still a bit blurry. The shop that I took it to will redo it for no charge, I was just curious if anyone else had this problem? I did have the rear window tinted with ceramic film, since they said that the aluminum tint would not allow the radio and sirus to work.

Let me know if you have experience this as well, I am concerned about taking it back in to have them redo the tint, and to continue to have the same problem....

Thanks!

·
Registered
322 Posts
SpeedyGee said:
Hey All -

Has anyone had a problem with their rear window being fuzzy after tinting? I had my windows tinted about 3 weeks ago, and my rear window is still a bit blurry. The shop that I took it to will redo it for no charge, I was just curious if anyone else had this problem? I did have the rear window tinted with ceramic film, since they said that the aluminum tint would not allow the radio and sirus to work.

Let me know if you have experience this as well, I am concerned about taking it back in to have them redo the tint, and to continue to have the same problem....

Thanks!

Blurry is kinda subjective. I have the ceramic tint. It is a little off kilt by the fact that it gets slightly raised as it goes over the rear defrost. It is not a defect just how it is. As far as the aluminum film distorting Sirius, that is not true your antenna is on outside of the car. It really only effects AM broadcasts. If it is really blurry then that sounds strange and should be relooked at of coarse.

·
Registered
252 Posts
blurry= bad job,bad tint

have them redo it. i have had ever vehicle i have ever owned tinted with many diffrent shades of tint and non of them were ever blurry. maybe the tint they used isnt a good brand.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Speedy, to answer your question I have the same problem. I figure it's this way because of the steep slope on the back of the LX rear window. You get that rippling effect when you look at tint at a steep angle.

Here my predicament & your guys posts just made a light bulb turn on above my head. I noticed after around 3 weeks of owning my SRT, I had no AM radio. The FM is perfect & always has been. After telling my dealer of this problem, they replaced my radio but it didn't solve my problem. I had my windows tinted a week after taking ownership the car, so I'm unsure if I had AM radio prior to the tint. Could this be related? I had thought the AM antenna wasn't connected in some way. Now I feel dumb this could be my fault all along.... for having tint that interfers with the AM signal. Can anyone give me some feedback? Sorry to thread jack.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'll step in and say this...
I have tinted windows...
I have no problem with the AM reception...
I will check out SpeedyGee's tint job...
if that is ok SpeedyGee and give her and all of you feedback...
seeing as we are practically neighbors...
another SRT8 in the neighborhood!
oh, and SpeedyGee...
you'll just have to grace the rest of the flock with your presence at the M&G in March...
Let me know when you want to compare notes...
Based on what you have described about the tint...
take it back...
Sincerely,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, thanks guys for the info! Like I said before, the shop that did the tint is willing to back their work. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Did it take your rear window a couple of days to get the moisture out from between the window and the film?

·
Registered
224 Posts
what urbanchemist said.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
SpeedyGee said:
they said that the aluminum tint would not allow the radio and sirus to work
I have metallic tint; it affects the AM ONLY; the FM is fine - - and the sirius antenna is on the roof, not in the rear window so there is no problem with sirius.

I don't have NAV but my dad's SRT8 does - - it is also unaffected with the metallic tint. We both still have AM reception, just not very good if the station is weak. I can't remember the last time I wanted to listen to AM radio anyway so I didn't care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts